Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 8:08:38 PM EDT
Hey guys and girls,

I'm new to PA and I would like some help finding a good outdoor range with distances listed if possible, as well as a trustworthy gunsmith. I live about 30 minutes SE of Pittsburgh in Irwin. If anybody can send me some info it would be greatly appreciated, my trigger finger is getting itchy lol.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The only public ranges that I know of around Pittsburgh is the one in Wexford run by the Game Commission (Dont bother going) or small indoor ranges.  Pittsburgh has tons of private gun clubs, but even those vary in what they offer.  

Anyways, welcome to PA. Land of taxes and state stores.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome OP.

I'm local to you and would suggest you look in to Youngwood Sportsmans Club. I hear a lot of good about them and intend to join there myself one of these days.

http://www.youngwoodsportsmen.com/Home.html

Greensburg Sportsmans Association is near the fairgrounds, but you'll be on a several year waiting list. I was on theirs for 3 years and they finally called me this past March. I went to one meeting and ultimately decided their membership requirements were too taxing and decided to decline joining. The 500 yard range wasn't worth the demands. 

https://www.gbgsportsman.com/

The local club I belong to (Hecla Sportsmans Club) is currently closed to new membership.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Forgot to ask where are you originally from and what brought you here?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
He was west of the Mississippi and had a deep yearning for Yuengling Lager and Middleswarth potato chips!
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information guys I will definitely look into Youngswood.

As for my back story. I am originally from South FL but I have family roots in Pittsburgh. Came up to visit relatives a few times as a kid and always loved the city as well as the teams. Fast forward to aldulthood and meeting my wife. She is from Erie and lived in FL when I met her. After a few years together she asked if I would be open to moving closer to her parents. I don't think I have ever packed a bag faster in my life lol. We moved up here about a year ago and since then have purchased a beautiful house for half of what it would have cost in FL. Plus I have a basement . Best of all the Pens have brought Lord Stanley home twice in that time. Anyways, happy to be a part of the local community and I look forward to meeting some of you in person at the range, in the field, or at a gun show.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He was west of the Mississippi and had a deep yearning for Yuengling Lager and Middleswarth potato chips!
View Quote
Just watch out for that Snyders of Hanover versus Snyders of Berlin schism. Shit gets real, really quick. 
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the information guys I will definitely look into Youngswood.

As for my back story. I am originally from South FL but I have family roots in Pittsburgh. Came up to visit relatives a few times as a kid and always loved the city as well as the teams. Fast forward to aldulthood and meeting my wife. She is from Erie and lived in FL when I met her. After a few years together she asked if I would be open to moving closer to her parents. I don't think I have ever packed a bag faster in my life lol. We moved up here about a year ago and since then have purchased a beautiful house for half of what it would have cost in FL. Plus I have a basement . Best of all the Pens have brought Lord Stanley home twice in that time. Anyways, happy to be a part of the local community and I look forward to meeting some of you in person at the range, in the field, or at a gun show.
View Quote
pretty sure this club is close enough to you and its pretty big.  http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Indian Creek Gun Club, up on the mountain is good, out near Acme Dam.  Not all that far from Irwin.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
pretty sure this club is close enough to you and its pretty big.  http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/
View Quote
I'm a member here and live very close to you OP. There's also McKeesport sportsman club very close by. 

PMSC is an awesome place and I'm pretty sure membership is open. PM if you want some more info. 
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:19:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm a member here and live very close to you OP. There's also McKeesport sportsman club very close by. 

PMSC is an awesome place and I'm pretty sure membership is open. PM if you want some more info. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is open. Instructions are on the website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top