Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2017 9:46:51 AM EDT
Can someone give me the basic details on how workers comp works here in Pa.

I work in NY, and know how it works there. My daughter got hurt at work might have torn some stuff up in her hand.

Basic questions:
1- can she see any doctor that takes pa workers comp. Or does she have to go see who the comp co wants her to see?

2- if doctor says no work, what then happens ?
as for income and at what percentage.

3- her employer is great, I don't trust the comp company. They are sending her to a regular family MD to be checked out.
She was sent to the ER right after the accident. I want her to skip the regular MD and go see a ortho. But not sure the protocol for pa comp insurance.

4- is a company lawyer in her best interest , and how do they work. I know NY, no cost to client but gets a cut of settlement of loss of motion etc.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Been a while, how did you make out with this?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Very slow progress...

She called a few lawyers, was sent to voicemail and no call back yet.

She finally was sent to see a hand ortho, about a hour away. He rlgave her a script for a ultrasound of the hand. He feels something is torn, but she has to get the ultrasound.

No doctor has taken her out of work yet. Her employer gave her a little grief last night.
They changed her schedule, and she made the ultrasound appointment for after work today. A few hours later her boss said there was a staff meeting she must attend.
Luckily they have a few contacts and got her a ultrasound appointment for tomorrow. Monday she goes back to the hand ortho, so pushing the appointment back has her a bit pissed.
See what happens Monday , hopefully will have some answers. It's been a month now since injury.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top