Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2017 9:34:13 PM EDT
I am curious.

I would like to learn something about that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't fly them but there is a field south of York called Shoestring Aviation Airfield ((0P2), Stewartstown, PA. From the US 30 - I83 junction looks to be about 13 miles south near Shrewsbury.

Never been there and it may be a little hard to find on the ground but it is 99% ultralight. One of my students used to fly one out of there but went on to get his Sport Pilot Certificate and bought an LSA.

With two 1,000 foot grass runways, probably VERY FEW general aviation airplanes will ever go in there. Unless someone knows the directions, best to go to Stewartstown and ask
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
There are several guys around saltsburg pa (does OP live up near Zelie?  That is not too far away)
They fly mostly from one property that is also an RC airplane field at one end.  I have no idea how often these guys fly, but some of the people out at the RC field may be able to help you out with names and when they usually see other guys fly in there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top