Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2017 3:56:23 PM EDT
Well folks I come here seeking for some knowledge of Pa laws and HOA community's.

I unfortunately live in a community and am concerned with the BOD doing wrong by the community.

we have a board of 9 and 3 are real basic pieces of crap. They insult and do everything they can to piss off a few community members, sometimes pure retaliation due to disagreements. They will enforce bylaws/rules on some members but not others or even themselves.

There are some much BIGGER issues as well that I cant fully put out there . But It is something I feel that the PSP should have handled. Now this issue was 100% grounds for termination and possible charges/citations, it WILL piss off any parent...

Now in our bylaws it says the following " A director may be removed from office in accordance with state law."
I have googled and searched But cant seem to pin down ANY law pertaining to the process/law. So my "Google-Fu" is not that great, I know I am missing something.

Anyone who might have dealt with this issue that can post a link to get me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd start here.

Uniform Condominium Act

Planned Communities Act

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=68
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I am on our HOA only because of the kooks that could run for the HOA.

HOA are a bunch of dictators that don't want a family to park a car out front or change the oil in the driveway or get new windows, etc... whiteout their permission.  I am a total pain in the ass for the HOA board members and to be quite frank, I love it and I think most of the people in our development like me because I actually let people live in peace.

Snow removal, common ground issues, etc... are fine for an HOA.

My rub is when people have to ask permission to plant some flowers and put new shingles on and shit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the link.

Have my homework to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top