Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 10:01:25 PM EDT
I live in DE so not a lot of classes in my area. I was looking into these guys in the Gap SE PA area.  Has anyone taken any of their classes and if so reviews/experiences?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have. The owner is now one of my best friends after knowing one another for a few years. But it didn't start that way.

I was in the same position you were when I was looking to take my first class, so I started a thread on PAFOA about it after the fact so people could find some information. I think it grew into a review thread.

Thread on PAFOA I started

Long story short. You won't be disappointed. Excellent instructors, quality training and you'll walk away knowing more than you did when you started with things to practice in the future.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#2]
We did a private group class and it was worth every penny.

We weren't just told what to do, we were given a situation and guided to what the preferred method would be.

Kind of a "teach a man to fish..." class. Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
This is what I was hoping to hear.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I took a trauma class from someone who was trained by Rockwell.  I thought it was really good.

I can't speak to their gun classes although I've always been interested in participating in one.

I kind of wish they would do a 308 battle rifle class or something where a 16" 308 semi auto could be employed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I took a trauma class from someone who was trained by Rockwell.  I thought it was really good.

I can't speak to their gun classes although I've always been interested in participating in one.

I kind of wish they would do a 308 battle rifle class or something where a 16" 308 semi auto could be employed.
View Quote

You mean this class @michaelvain ?

Rockwell Battle Rifle Class
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the head's up, I'll have to check it out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I've taken 4-5 classes with them over the last few years...all have been really good.  The instruction is great...the people that come out to their classes have been really nice as well.  If you are thinking about giving it a try....go for it.  They run a first class training company.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for the head's up, I'll have to check it out.
View Quote

I asked Jared about it (because I have a SCAR and want to take the class). It got listed two days ago.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#10]
top notch guys!

I took there Shooter's first aid & Carbine 103, WELL worth the money.

I plan (knocking on wood) to take there Patrol class in September, Like other's have said, if your thinking about it, pull the trigger!
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I was present at the battle rifle class in May of '16
It was very well done.
I left with several new ideas in the tool box and found a couple defects on my FAL's that would not have been apparent
without firing multiple rounds in drills.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was present at the battle rifle class in May of '16
It was very well done.
I left with several new ideas in the tool box and found a couple defects on my FAL's that would not have been apparent
without firing multiple rounds in drills.
View Quote

Could you tell me what the longest available distance you were able to shoot?  The course description seems to indicate that the range is a 100 yard range.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#13]
The class was conducted on the 100 yd. range.
Instruction centered around using 7.62x51 at close range.

Toward the end of the day we moved off the 100 yd.range to 600 yd. or so.
There was a member of the private club present that allowed us to "guests" on the long range.
Were it not for that member, the 100 yd rental range would have been it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like you got the answers you were looking for but I will +1 everything that has been said.  Jared and crew are great folks to train with.
I have taken the Carbine 101 and 102, 171, and went to one of their all day several course classroom seminars.  I am currently signed up for one of their 201 classes this summer.
All classes were well worth the money and I came away with new ideas and changed my gear around based on what I found worked and what didn't.

Like was said above it is a "teach a man to fish" type class.  Jared and his crew are calm cool and collected.  He goes through why, goes through how, demonstrates, and then observes and critiques.
I have trained with a couple other organizations and they were screamers/yellers who spent a couple days yelling at you and belittling anyone who was not running really high end gear.  
Jared and his crew are the absolute total opposite.
Like was said above it is a "teach a man to fish" type class.  Jared and his crew are calm cool and collected.  He goes through why, goes through how, demonstrates, and then observes and critiques.  He and his instructors are open to and encourage questions if students have them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the feedback.  

I've taken a few classes, an MP5 operator course with HKpro, a class on using the 7.62 SR25 carbine with Jack Leuba from Knight's Armament, and I took Pat Mac's TAPS class last year.  All three of those classes were the as you described, no yelling, just good fundamentals and professional teaching.

I don't doubt that they have a good program.  My only wish is that the range was 0-500 for 7.62 battle rifle, but I understand the limitations of the ranges in our area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top