Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2017 8:37:34 PM EDT
Looks like my family and will finally be moving to the upper end of Bucks County toward the end of the year. I live in NY, have my permit and own several hand guns. What are the laws and regulations regarding bringing them with me when I move. Do I need to transfer through an FFL? I know I will need a permit to carry. Is obtaining a permit in Bucks fairly easy?
ETA Is there anything else I need to be aware of?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just show up with them. No need to transfer through an FFL.

Be aware our transportation laws are strict with regard to firearms transport. That said, a License to Carry Firearms takes care of that. $20 for 5 years. Make sure all the adult members in your household get them. You apply in person at the Sheriff's office. They have up to 45 days to issue one. I don't know if they issue on the spot or not.

Application

ETA: Welcome to PA!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You might want to sit down for a minute, the freedom is going to make you dizzy.  

Bucks County Sherriff will issue your permit very quickly, he/they have always been friendly.  May take a few days only because the office is in Central Bucks and you'll be going to one of their "extension offices," most likely.  (they have to ship the paperwork down to the main office and back again)  I would be shocked if it took longer than 4-5 days total.  Renewals take about 15 minutes unless they're really busy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks like my family and will finally be moving to the upper end of Bucks County toward the end of the year. I live in NY, I'm sorryhave my permit and own several hand guns. What are the laws and regulations regarding bringing them with me when I move.buy hi cap mags when you get here Do I need to transfer through an FFL?no I know I will need a permit to carry. Is obtaining a permit in Bucks fairly easy?yes as stated above
ETA Is there anything else I need to be aware of?read up on how to enjoy freedom with minimum regulation
View Quote

Answered the best I could....

Eta: learn to love scrapple and take video to heart.
PENNSYLVANIA STYLE by Sloppy Secondz Music - Gangnam Style parody - PA Song
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on the move and enjoy your freedom.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone.  I honestly can't wait. My wife got her transfer for her job and we are just waiting for our house to sell. I can't get out of here fast enough.  We have been driving down there checking out the area and looking at properties for a year now. It's a beautiful area. I will just need to find myself a job when we get there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everyone.  I honestly can't wait. My wife got her transfer for her job and we are just waiting for our house to sell. I can't get out of here fast enough.  We have been driving down there checking out the area and looking at properties for a year now. It's a beautiful area. I will just need to find myself a job when we get there.
View Quote

What do you do?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a service tech for an oil and propane company.  17 years experience.  Work on oil and propane fired heating systems.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like my family and will finally be moving to the upper end of Bucks County toward the end of the year. I live in NY, have my permit and own several hand guns. What are the laws and regulations regarding bringing them with me when I move. Do I need to transfer through an FFL? I know I will need a permit to carry. Is obtaining a permit in Bucks fairly easy?
ETA Is there anything else I need to be aware of?
View Quote

Also PA doesn't list any of your pistols on your LTC. Your permit is good the entire state not like NYS were you couldn't carry in NYC..

You can have Standard Cap mags.. Break out the Credit Card
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Try not to drool too hard.
PA is a Free State.  Nearly every kind and type of firearm is permitted in PA.

Freedom Armory makes their own Suppressors For Sale To Civilians.  Nearly bought one a couple of weeks back.

And then there is Laymans.  Smaller but their collection of Class III goodies they have would make most Libtards faint from shock.

Seriously: There are At Least six (6) Licensed Firearm Dealers within an hours driving time of where I live that are SOT - Special Occupational Taxpayers - that can Transfer/Sell suppressors and/or machine guns.  There are probably more that are within an hours drive but out of my normal haunts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I am definitely planning on some nfa purchases. Suppressors and sbrs are definitely in my future and I would love to own a MG but that might take some convincing with my wife to spend that kind of money.
We did stop at a shop in Bucks County somewhere.  Can't remember the name. Place was packed. Had several silencers in the end counter.  
I truly feel like a refugee escaping a corrupt oppressive government.  Everyone I have talked to down there seems to completely understand why we want to move.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats man!

ETA wife's industry?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]
You're gonna love it here!

A few comments on getting your LTC in Bucks County.

Download the application online and bring it with.  Sign/Date it there.
Bring $20 cash.  No checks accepted.
You'll need a PA driver's license, so jump on that as soon as you move.
Since it will have been issued in the last 6 months (driver's license), you'll need to bring 2 additional forms of ID...
They'll only accept mortgage statements and Utility bills in the name of the applicant... so that could be a pitfall if your wife is intending to apply ASAP as well.
Get around this by making sure at least 2 bills come in each others names if you can.  (cell phone, TV/Cable, Water, electric, trash collection all count.)

If you go before 11AM on a weekday, you'll get in and out in about 15 minutes with your LTC.  Wait any closer to lunchtime and you'll be there 60-90 minutes, but you'll still walk out with the LTC.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
You're going to love PA. If you go to Doylestown to get your permit you'll be able to get it while you wait as other have said. Cool little town to walk around in too.

I'm a member at Langhorne Rod and Gun Club. Feel free to check us out. We have many shoots open to the public such as practical rifle, action pistol, service pistol, steel shoots and trap.

A number of good clubs up near Bethlehem also if you are closer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Whereabouts are you looking in upper Bucks?  We moved into the area from southern Montgomery County 1.5 years ago and love it up here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#15]
DT Sorry
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#16]
You could get a non resident permit now so you'll be all set when you get there.  If you have a NYS restricted carry permit then you'll need to shop around for a sheriff that will issue to you.  Centre county will but its a shlep from eastern NYS.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#17]
You could get a non resident permit now so you'll be all set when you get there.  If you have a NYS restricted carry permit then you'll need to shop around for a sheriff that will issue to you.  Centre county will but its a shlep from eastern NYS.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Go here:

http://tannerssportcenter.com/

You can thank me later

Your wallet and wife will hate me
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#19]
+1 forTanners, usually have whatever I'm looking for and also the best prices around.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey guys. Haven't checked this thread in a while. We are looking in the tinicom area. I will probably get my nonresident permit before we move. I do have a nys concealed carry now.  House is going on the market next month. Just got the comps back from real estate agent and things are looking good. I can not wait.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh, uh, one more thing, we sell 12, 24 and 30 packs at beer stores.  Whiskey and wine at liquor stores, 6 packs are sold in restaurants and bars.  It's a small price to pay, you'll get used to it.

Wherung's on 611 is 20 minutes closer than Home Depot and has everything you need for the house and yard.

You will now do your grocery shopping at Giant, or drive 30 minutes to any other grocery store, which is most likely another Giant.

Bamboo House in Frenchtown, NJ for Thai and sushi.

Penndot has a driver's center in Dublin on 313 where you get your license, but you title and register your car at a private business, not through the state.  The title place is conveniently located right across the street from Giant.

Owowcow in Ottsville is supposed to have the best ice cream in 100 miles.

Triumph Brew Pub in New Hope for burgers and micro brew.  Be warned, New Hope is PA's San Francisco, careful who you dance with.

Long Lane Acres is you closest gun store. Interesting place.

Heritage Guild and Sarco in Easton are 35 minutes away.  HG has class 3 rentals and a world class facility, and the appropriate overcrowding to go with it. Sarco has in stock parts for every gun every made, and Kaiser helmets if you're into that, bring a flash light.

Buy a generator, wood stove and lanterns, we don't always lose power, but when we do, we aren't at the top of the list.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You might want to sit down for a minute, the freedom is going to make you dizzy.  
View Quote
Amen, brother.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:25:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Enjoy your new found freedom.  DO NOT at any point for any reason whatsoever vote for any anti gun liberal, or anti gun anyone, not even once, not even for dog catcher or janitor.  And do not allow anyone around you to do so either.  That is all we ask in return for welcoming you to the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Enjoy your new found freedom.  DO NOT at any point for any reason whatsoever vote for any anti gun liberal, or anti gun anyone, not even once, not even for dog catcher or janitor.  And do not allow anyone around you to do so either.  That is all we ask in return for welcoming you to the neighborhood.
View Quote

You forgot to add anyone that does tell them to move to NYS.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You will now do your grocery shopping at Giant, or drive 30 minutes to any other grocery store, which is most likely another Giant.
View Quote

Seriously, I have like 6 Giants in a 10 mile radius, it's ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Just go to the Court House in Doylestown - if there is no line it takes less than 30 minutes and  assuming there are no issues then you leave with it.  It is painless.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#27]
you'll be moving into Palisades School District which is great.  My daughter is in the middle school and son is in Durham Nox.  If you have elem age kids they'll most likely be at Tinicum and then come to the middle school.

I've been in upper bucks for almost 20 years after being a center city guy during college and my early to mid 20s.  You couldn't pay me to go back into any urban area.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#28]
That's funny....I know peeps in the Palisades SD, and they are good peeps.

I am gonna sound like an ass, but try to stay out of jersey.....and if you have a gun on you do NOT go to jersey!
Your soon to be Buxco CCW will NOT be honored there.
Be aware, be warned.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Well folks I made a few offers on a couple of houses in Bucks but they didn't work out. Ended up agreeing on a price for a house in Williams Township which looks like Lehigh County. Right now we are set for a closing on July 21. Looks like the schools are pretty good and the commute for my wife is perfect.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#30]
By the way i stopped at Extreme Gun Works in Emmaus a few weeks ago. Nice guys. Looked at a few guns.  I think my first purchase is gonna be a Sig MPX and a silencer to go with it. I told my wife I will do any work on the house she wants as long as I can acquire a few new toys.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#31]
with regard to the LTC, aside from transport, is this also for concealed carry?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Concealed carry on or about your person or in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
with regard to the LTC, aside from transport, is this also for concealed carry?
View Quote
yup... same thing.

Also, you cant carry a loaded rifle in your car at any time.   That's why AR pistols are so nice....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top