Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2016 10:56:41 AM EDT
I am new to State College, PA and I am looking at the PGC Scotia Shooting Range.  I know I need a shooting permit which I think I can buy online but are there places where you can buy in person like a sporting goods store or Walmart?
Is there a site with pistol or rifle shooting match schedules for the State College area or the PGC Scotia Shooting Range?
Are there any local forums for PA shooters and local central PA outdoors activities worth checking out?

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Range permit is $30. PA resident hunting license is $20.90 and gives you the same privileges at the PA game commission shooting ranges. Hunting licenses can be purchased at local sporting goods places around State College and potentially Walmart.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You need to have a hunter's safety course or a license from a previous year in order to get the hunting license. The PGC has been cracking down and checking to verify the person holding the license did indeed go through a hunter's safety course.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Also check out Mifflin County Sportsmen's association.

Inexpensive, and distance out to almost 1100Y.  

Great people and really great facility.

Lewistown, PA

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Mifflin County Sportsmen's association

This looks like a nice facility and is 30 to 45 minutes from me so would be a good choice.

Thanks for the information so far.

Do you guys know of any shooting matches in Dec or Jan coming up where I could attend to watch or shoot and get to check out the facilities (open to public matches)?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome.

I don't know of any in December/January.

This place has them when it warms up:
http://www.oscshooting.com/events/pistol/202-osc-multigub-2016.html

That's Bellefonte right around the corner from you. (I haven't been to any yet, but a friend of mine goes. He goes to the Mifflin Co. shoots too.)
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the area!

When the weather warms up, if IDPA is your flavor, there are monthly matches in Hollidaysburg and Lewistown.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top