Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2016 12:50:44 PM EDT
I will be dropping my wife at the airport and picking up several days later. Can I carry within the airport but outside security area? What I could find on-line is several years old.

sundance
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, up to the security checkpoint.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
64 views, 1 response. I'm going to assume everyone agrees with nightdh's response and there are no legal implications.

nightdh - thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
64 views, 1 response. I'm going to assume everyone agrees with nightdh's response and there are no legal implications.

View Quote

There was another thread asking the same and I can't find it. Maybe the title was vague but I searched the archives for Pittsburgh, airport, CCW, etc. The info given in it was the same I gave you above.

Maybe I'll try Pittsburg
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There was another thread asking the same and I can't find it. Maybe the title was vague but I searched the archives for Pittsburgh, airport, CCW, etc. The info given in it was the same I gave you above.

Maybe I'll try Pittsburg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'll try Pittsburg

I tried numerous searches before I posted and couldn't find anything recent. I dropped her at the airport this morning....the entry doors are posted "Weapons Prohibited on Airport Property. All Violators will be Prosecuted."
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I tried numerous searches before I posted and couldn't find anything recent. I dropped her at the airport this morning....the entry doors are posted "Weapons Prohibited on Airport Property. All Violators will be Prosecuted."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I'll try Pittsburg

I was going to chime in yesterday and suggest to err on the side of caution and leave it in the car lest you encounter this very signage. I would usually do this if i were seeing someone to a flight at a major airport (I haven't had to go to or fly out of Pitt Int in a decade).

That said, I would go into the public area at my local airport in Latrobe with a CCW -- much looser atmosphere and it is only Spirit airlines
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was going to chime in yesterday and suggest to err on the side of caution and leave it in the car lest you encounter this very signage. I would usually do this if i were seeing someone to a flight at a major airport (I haven't had to go to or fly out of Pitt Int in a decade).

That said, I would go into the public area at my local airport in Latrobe with a CCW -- much looser atmosphere and it is only Spirit airlines

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'll try Pittsburg

Latrobe is (or was, haven't been in there in several years) much lower key. My local airport as well, but Spirit had nothing that worked.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'll try Pittsburg

Thread hijack...

Have you ever eaten at Monday's? I'm dying to get back there for some pizza and wings. Probably the best I've ever had.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Latrobe is (or was, haven't been in there in several years) much lower key. My local airport as well, but Spirit had nothing that worked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I'll try Pittsburg

I stop in at DeNunzios here and there for Sunday brunch, it hasn't changed.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thread hijack...

Have you ever eaten at Monday's? I'm dying to get back there for some pizza and wings. Probably the best I've ever had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I'll try Pittsburg

Thread hijack...

Not to abet the hijack, but where is the place? Haven't heard of it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Halfway between Latrobe and Greensburg, south of 30 on Marguerite road.

454 Marguerite Road, Latrobe 15650 to be exact. Full name is Monday's Union Restaurant.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

454 Marguerite Road, Latrobe 15650 to be exact. Full name is Monday's Union Restaurant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha! I just realized this restaurant is an obscure place I've driven past before and that it resides about 2 miles away from where I live. I'll give it a whirl and report back.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Haven't been to Mondays in a few months.  I only live a few miles away.  If you want to try a really good pizza, get a philly cheese steak pizza from Hotel Loyal in Latrobe
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Haven't been to Mondays in a few months.  I only live a few miles away.  If you want to try a really good pizza, get a philly cheese steak pizza from Hotel Loyal in Latrobe
View Quote

Would you agree it's the best bar pizza?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno, but TJ's in New Stanton has the best Grilled Cheese sandwiches.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I didn't learn much about carry at Pittsburgh airport but several ideas on where to eat in my AO. Guess that's worth something.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, I didn't learn much about carry at Pittsburgh airport but several ideas on where to eat in my AO. Guess that's worth something.
View Quote

Sorry about that. Only in PA can a carry discussion evolve into a food topic.

And sorry about the bad info too. I'm 99.9% positive that thread indicated carrying up to the security checkpoint was GTG.

FWIW municipalities can't restrict where you can and can't carry. I'm 100% positive that's been supported by PA courts. That means you can legally carry where I stated but may earn you a spot in front of a court defending your freedom.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

And sorry about the bad info too. I'm 99.9% positive that thread indicated carrying up to the security checkpoint was GTG.

FWIW municipalities can't restrict where you can and can't carry. I'm 100% positive that's been supported by PA courts. That means you can legally carry where I stated but may earn you a spot in front of a court defending your freedom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You did hijack this thread, but thanks for having the decency to at least try and summarize to the OP topic

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top