Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2016 2:47:46 PM EDT

Would like to find an AK style rifle gunsmith near Monroeville Pennsylvania to change out my front sight/block and gas block on my Norinco HHM 90 to make pre-ban configuration. Thanks, Pat.

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Best bet may be to call the local shops (Pgh Tactical, Anthony Arms, Guns Priced Right) and see if they can do it, or recommend someone who can.

I know Veronesi Gunworks does a lot of custom stuff, but it's almost to Clarion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Call Powell Guns out in Penn Hills. He has been in the business for 30 years and I have had a few buddies who have bought guns off him. He isn't a gunsmith, but he will know where to go.

http://www.powellguns.com/about-our-company.html
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best bet may be to call the local shops (Pgh Tactical, Anthony Arms, Guns Priced Right) and see if they can do it, or recommend someone who can.

I know Veronesi Gunworks does a lot of custom stuff, but it's almost to Clarion.
View Quote

I thought they where in New Bethlehem?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
No local AK smiths that I'm aware of(I'm down in Washington, PA). Send it to John at M-13 Industries in Las Vegas. Does excellent work for a fair price.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I know where Veronesi hi works is located. It is up in the Distant/New Bethlehem area. It's a good haul for me. I used to patrol that area years ago. Very nice rual area. Great hunting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Jim Hixon (Small Guys Gunsmith) is on Old Leechburg Road. 724/339-6908.

He's done a few small jobs for me on bolt action rifles that turned out well, but holy shit does he like to talk.

He did mention something about working on AK's, but I would make absolutely sure he's familiar with them first.

Might be worth a call since he's so close.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, almost to Clarion ;)
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No local AK smiths that I'm aware of(I'm down in Washington, PA). Send it to John at M-13 Industries in Las Vegas. Does excellent work for a fair price.
View Quote
Does Josh work on AK's?

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does Josh work on AK's?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does Josh work on AK's?

I've always been told he doesn't like to fuck with them. However, I'd heard that 3rd Party in regards to having one of my AK SBR's engraved.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#10]
CDS arms does a lot with ARs. Not sure if does AK stuff, but he maybe worth a call. He is colt and glock certified.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I shipped my AK to John Houlton at M-13 Industries today. Spoke with him this past Thursday an he will be able to de-ban my NHM90. He will also make sure my rifle is compliant with the Fed's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#12]
You will be more than happy with the work provided by John.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top