Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2016 12:20:57 AM EDT
I'm looking to get some training but it seems like everything is on the other side of the state.  Does anyone know if any courses are on the west side of the state?  Or maybe some 0311 Marines around here looking to make some money.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out 3rivers tactical owner is John brown and lead instructor.  Jay at http://www.protectiveshootingconcepts.com. I have trained with both more than once.  I thought both had good classes, and different teaching styles.

PM me your location I know a few places that have good shoots if your close I can share them with you also.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure if 3 Rivers is still in business or not.  John was accused of some inappropriate stuff.
News Link - John Brown
Video Clip - Update

It looks like Jay runs a pretty good group out there, so they would be worth looking into though.

A couple others I have listed on my reference list:
F.I.R.E. Institute
Alias Training - lists training from big names all around the country.  Usually there are some classes in Pitts every year.

I don't have too many more listed on my list for western PA.  Lots in the east, but that is not much help for you.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not sure if 3 Rivers is still in business or not.  John was accused of some inappropriate stuff.
News Link - John Brown
Video Clip - Update

It looks like Jay runs a pretty good group out there, so they would be worth looking into though.

F.I.R.E. Institute
Alias Training - lists training from big names all around the country.  Usually there are some classes in Pitts every year.

I don't have too many more listed on my list for western PA.  Lots in the east, but that is not much help for you.

View Quote

Thanks for the info, I have had class with John 4 maybe 5 times. He always made things right in the class, but that don't mean anything.  Guessing drinking played a part in that.

EDIT check out clairton sportsman action rife shoots. They are blast and run the first Sunday of the month. On the 3rd they ran 5 bays and the last bay you got to shoot your AR while sitting on the back of gator while it went down a path and shoot  a stationary targets. That was a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info, I have had class with John 4 maybe 5 times. He always made things right in the class, but that don't mean anything.  Guessing drinking played a part in that.

EDIT check out clairton sportsman action rife shoots. They are blast and run the first Sunday of the month. On the 3rd they ran 5 bays and the last bay you got to shoot your AR while sitting on the back of gator while it went down a path and shoot  a stationary targets. That was a lot of fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
News Link - John Brown
Video Clip - Update

F.I.R.E. Institute

That would be a lot of fun to do that.  Thanks for the info guys and TC450 PM inbound.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for FIRE institute. They put on some good classes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top