Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2016 7:33:39 PM EDT
From my trip today. First time up there. I went right by the second sign which took me around before I hit the falls, so I saw them on the way down. It was about 3/4 mile to the top with about an 800 ft elevation gain.

If you haven't been, I suggest you take a trip. I think I'll start posting my hikes in the Hometown forum so people can see what our state has to offer. It's a beautiful state and people spend WAAAY too much time inside or working and not enough time relaxing. I hiked a lot when I was younger and in Boy Scouts and in the nature preserve at college but after I came home it went by the wayside. It wasn't until earlier this year when I did a backpacking trip with my old scout troop that I found myself on the Appalachian Trail again.

Studies have also shown that time outside in nature is healthy. Here's just one example I found on google real quick. https://news.stanford.edu/2015/06/30/hiking-mental-health-063015/

I've made it a personal mission to spend more time outside, doing the things I love and seeing some of the amazing things our state and America has to offer. What are you waiting for? Get off the couch. Get outside. Explore your world!

Sign at the beginning.

View from the top after the first 3/4 of a mile.

First set of falls I came across.

Morning coffee by a small spot under the first set of falls. Jetboil is amazing if you haven't played with one.

View a bit further down the trail. There were a few rocks people were sitting on in the middle looking out.

This is my kind of place.

Walking back to the falls for a picture someone took for me.

Falls.

Cairn.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
That is an awesome trail. I love the top of the falls. Tried taking the kids up last time we were out they didn't make it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
looks super fun.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#3]
One of our favorites!  

That skull sign is no joke.  Last time we were up there some hikers were standing right at the edge...wouldn't have taken much to slip and go over.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
is this trail easy for dogs to navigate?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is this trail easy for days to navigate?
View Quote

It has some poor markings. It depends what way you go.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol...stupid autocorrect.  i meant dogs, not days.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw some dogs on it. None of mine would make it, but two are handicapped and the other is an english bulldog.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#9]

We just won't show my girlfriend that...

I'm betting it was the falls that had a white wire tubing that they were sitting on the edge of. The view is gorgeous but fuck that. I didn't get close to the edge because I wanted to go home. View was still good from 10 ft back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top