Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 3:49:13 PM EDT
Thinking about taking the little guy in a couple weeks.  Anyone been there recently?  Are there metal detectors or pat downs?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Been a couple of years now since I was last there but there wasn't any security or pat downs. Its a typical ticket booth and you walk right through, on the giant escalator up the hill.. and into the zoo you go.

Their website states: "Weapons: Weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited on Zoo grounds."

So since weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited you can just leave your gun in the car.. since criminals can't bring weapons into the zoo!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have bartended several events there and was there as a visitor around 4-5 months ago.  

Never once saw a metal detector or a pat down.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I can't wait to see the little guys face when he sees all the animals.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]

They don't have any bears except Polar Bears.

One of my employees was there last week and he said the entire bear exhibit was gone.
ETA, You can go to Round Hill Park for free and pet all the animals and watch em milk the cows too.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One of my employees was there last week and he said the entire bear exhibit was gone.

ETA, You can go to Round Hill Park for free and pet all the animals and watch em milk the cows too.

View Quote

Thanks. I kind of wanted to see some brown bears.

My bil has a dairy farm so he can see all the cows he wants. I want to show him different stuff. 1.5 years old btw.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:29:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea, those bears have been gone for several years.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:50:41 AM EDT
[#7]
You will both enjoy it. I like Pittsburgh Zoo (minus the shitty neighborhood that surrounds it).
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You will both enjoy it. I like Pittsburgh Zoo (minus the shitty neighborhood that surrounds it).
View Quote

To which neighborhood are you refering to?  Morningside which is mostly Cops, Firefighters, Nurses and EMT's who make great neighbors  or the upscale Highland Park?

I always get a kick out of pittsburgh suburb dwellers.  They always think the city is so shitty, but almost all the heroin overdoses are outside the city (with the exception of homewood and south side, which I will admit are shitty)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top