Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2015 1:34:21 PM EDT
So I'm hell bent on leaving NJ.  Just got a promotion and am relocating to Aberdeen Proving Grounds for my work.  Where are some cheaper places to rent in south eastern PA?  I know Lancaster County is nice but not sure how that commute to APG would work out for me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Oxford, PA.  You are on the border of PA/DE/MD. Chester county.   Not a crazy commute to Aberdeen.  Gun clubs all over the place.  I would bet its CHEAP to find a nice place to rent.
Kennet PA.  is another.

Oxford Gun club is a GREAT place to shoot.  No rifle range though.  Great for Trap.  Quarryville is another.  There is a club near there that has a real ice rifle range from what I remember, maybe a 500 yard range too.  For the life of me I can't remember the name.

Good luck!!

PA is a state that allows its citizens to defend themselves and have a nice gun collection and actually shoot them at ranges and carry them without hassle.

Just be careful living so close to the border with carrying.  You do not want to get pulled over in MD or DE carrying even know you have your CCW permit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oxford, PA.  You are on the border of PA/DE/MD. Chester county.   Not a crazy commute to Aberdeen.  Gun clubs all over the place.  I would bet its CHEAP to find a nice place to rent.
Kennet PA.  is another.

Oxford Gun club is a GREAT place to shoot.  No rifle range though.  Great for Trap.  Quarryville is another.  There is a club near there that has a real ice rifle range from what I remember, maybe a 500 yard range too.  For the life of me I can't remember the name.

Good luck!!

PA is a state that allows its citizens to defend themselves and have a nice gun collection and actually shoot them at ranges and carry them without hassle.

Just be careful living so close to the border with carrying.  You do not want to get pulled over in MD or DE carrying even know you have your CCW permit.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kennet PA.  is another.

Good luck!!

View Quote

Get a Utah or Florida permit and it will cover you for delaware
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I'm hoping to liberate my collection that is sitting in Vermont currently since I couldn't bring it with me to NJ last year.  Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Best thing I did was defect from the P.R.of N.J. And move back to the place of my birth PA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top