Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2015 8:54:03 AM EDT
Lock Haven university is on my daughters short list.
Anyone have any experience there ?
Is it a "Party School "
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have many friends that go there, and I visit about once a month.. Id say its average for a smaller state school. I go to PSU myself. Only thing is there are alot of inner city kids that go there, just a heads up. There are a good bit of parties but nothing too crazy
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Lock Haven university is on my daughters short list.

Anyone have any experience there ?

Is it a "Party School "
View Quote

Graduated in 06. What does she want to study? I wouldn't say that it's a party school at all. Yes, there are parties, they're not like they are at PSU or Bloom or IUP...
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
She wants to study communications.
We want her to study anything that has to do with buisness.
Communications is a crap shoot with mostly low paying jobs and we have no connections.
On the other hand 2with a 4 year buisness it is a whole different ball game.
Many friends and family work in the Pharma industry. That means it is a shoe in for a great job.
One of her "Uncles" a fishing buddy of mine promised  $70 K to start.

No its not making cartoon movies but ................
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She wants to study communications.

We want her to study anything that has to do with buisness.

Communications is a crap shoot with mostly low paying jobs and we have no connections.

On the other hand 2with a 4 year buisness it is a whole different ball game.

Many friends and family work in the Pharma industry. That means it is a shoe in for a great job.

One of her "Uncles" a fishing buddy of mine promised  $70 K to start.

No its not making cartoon movies but ................
View Quote

Could she major in Comms and minor in business or vice versa? From the business side, I knew quite a few people in the business major as one of my roommates used our house as the unofficial business fraternity house (Alpha Kappa Psi). The ones I've kept in touch with have done seemingly well. Unfortunately my experience with the communications side of things is lacking.

Speaking of your fishing buddy, is he looking for any other people? I like to fish, have an environmental geology degree, minored in history, and I"m a fast learner!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top