Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2015 8:33:39 PM EDT
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2015/03/08/It-s-pothole-season-in-Pittsburgh/stories/201503080135

I hit one today that was like a ditch all the way across a lane on Washington Blvd. Stay in the left lane when headed south.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I hit one last night on 51 south, for a brief second  I think I saw China.  Joking aside, I almost lost control of my suv because it was so deep and harsh.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I know which one you're talking about on 51 South. It's a monster.

I saw one on West Carson Street that's right in the center lines that must be a good 10" deep, 14" long x 12" wide. It's bottomless.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Washington county and between all the gas well rig traffic and the weather, the potholes out here are gigantic.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I drove north on 79 last week and was surprised how bad it was around Meadville.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2015/03/08/It-s-pothole-season-in-Pittsburgh/stories/201503080135

I hit one today that was like a ditch all the way across a lane on Washington Blvd. Stay in the left lane when headed south.
View Quote
Yea I found that one the other day. Gotta love that road. Let's do 80 in a 35 past the police station!

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in Washington county and between all the gas well rig traffic and the weather, the potholes out here are gigantic.
View Quote

From Washington county too, can confirm.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I rode out to Claysville on 70 on Tues night.  You cant even change lanes, because there is a pothole every 2 feet between lanes where, the dotted white lines are.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#8]
It's going to get worse too, what with the 40 degree days and freezing nights this week.

I'm north of Washington on Route 18, it's craptacular.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's going to get worse too, what with the 40 degree days and freezing nights this week.

View Quote

Route 18 is beat. I was out there the other day as I live in Washington, and Christ is it an adventure.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Yea, don't know how long my tires are gonna hold out.  It's gonna suck if I get damaged rims from this season.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yea, don't know how long my tires are gonna hold out.  It's gonna suck if I get damaged rims from this season.
View Quote

I hear ya. I nailed one awhile back and thought for sure I bent a rim. That was on Route 19 by my work. Got lucky and didn't though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Route 18 is beat. I was out there the other day as I live in Washington, and Christ is it an adventure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I take 18 south bound out to rt250 heading to my camp. Take my motorcycle out that way soon! It's a great ride. Hope south isn't as bad

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Sort of on topic I guess.

I might be getting called back to my old job in Pittsburgh, but I haven't been out that way in years.   Can anyone tell me how bad the Parkway is into Fort Pitt and Route 28?   28 was a nightmare about 3 years ago when I last traveled it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sort of on topic I guess.

I might be getting called back to my old job in Pittsburgh, but I haven't been out that way in years.   Can anyone tell me how bad the Parkway is into Fort Pitt and Route 28?   28 was a nightmare about 3 years ago when I last traveled it.
View Quote
Pretty sure 28 is completely open. I know I take it from highland park to etna every morning at 645. At that point traffic is just getting backed up from the city to the etna exit.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Sorionc, sounds good. I'll be getting onto 28 at the Heinz plant and riding out to the R.I.D.C. Park just past the Waterworks Mall.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Thanks Sorionc, sounds good. I'll be getting onto 28 at the Heinz plant and riding out to the R.I.D.C. Park just past the Waterworks Mall.
View Quote

28 is wide open.  Just travelled there last week.  Construction has been  completed.

Ft Pitt tunnels and the parkway west from 79 to Greentree is another story.   The tunnels are being worked on during the weekends at night. Same with the parkway. Carnegie ramps on and off the parkway are closed, the detour is through Greentree, but you would have to be a fool to follow them.

Have fun.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#17]
lol, I had to go out to Greentree last weekend and I caught a glimpse of the mayhem.  Hopefully I can get out at 3:30 pm and beat some of the traffic.  Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I drove north on 79 last week and was surprised how bad it was around Meadville.
View Quote

You can see the roads?  Unbelievable that the snow is gone already...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top