Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 9:50:51 PM EDT
Pursuant to 18 PA.C.S. 6107, Prohibited Conduct During an Emergency, “No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is: (1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person’s life or property from peril or threat. (2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).”

Does this mean I can not carry my weapon even if I have  LTCF in PA lost.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Pursuant to 18 PA.C.S. 6107, Prohibited Conduct During an Emergency, “No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is: (1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person’s life or property from peril or threat. (2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).”

View Quote

Strictly my interpretation of aforementioned citation but it states that those licensed to carry firearms in PA section 6109 are exempt. This is where your LCTF is derived from.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, it means during a declared state of emergency in order to carry a firearm you MUST have a LTCF or be actively engaged in the defense of yourself or property.

During normal times, a person could open carry in PA without the need for a LTCF (except in Philly). But, with the declared state of emergency open carry without the LTCF would be illegal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanky you for all the help this explains alot. One good thing is no snow fall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top