Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 6:02:27 PM EDT
Im in Chester County.  Im a member at Northern Chester County Sportsmans Association.
Its a great range and would recommend it to anyone looking to join.
I am looking for any information on how to get into competitions/matches.
Any help  is appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you with the competition info, but welcome aboard.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a member here that posts whenever New Holland has a match, they seem pretty active there.  Look for threads with NHRPC in the title.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of options...
Handgun, rifle, shotgun or 3 gun
Stand and shoot or dynamic courses of fire

IDPA, USPSA, NRA, and Steel Challenge all have sanctioned matches
There are other variants of the above that are usually run at the club level along with multi-gun matches

If you can tell us more what you're looking for we maybe able point you in a direction
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I own an AR and I'm looking to maybe compete with it.  I'm new to the whole competition world.  I just need a resource such as a website or some kind of listing where I can find out when and where competitions are being held.  I'm thinking of just going to watch a few before I participate so I know what I;m up against.  I also own a springfield XD9 pistol.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
No need to just watch your first match.  I started with clearance priced gear and iron sights and had no idea what to expect.  

What I found was a variety of people who were ready to help a new shooter out in any way they could. Just look up an event and head down.  

Have your rifle zeroed with a 50 or true 200 yard zero and that should keep you covered for 90 percent of any match you might shoot.  Get a good sling and a chamber flag. Get a good belt.

There isn't much to it.  When you lose,  your learn.  When junk breaks,  you then understand why it's junk and upgrade to better components.

Just sign up,  and show up.  No need to sit out and watch.

Check nhrpc.org and go to the events calendar.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top