Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2014 11:40:26 AM EDT
I've been searching on ebay, Craigslist, huntingPA, PAFOA, etc. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. My main needs are something that will fit atleast 15-20 long guns and something with 45-60 minutes fire protection minimum. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
About 4 years ago I bought a safe from a guy off Craigslist that had a connection with some company; he would get display models that were scratched up some on the outside and sell them as used. He was out in Wampum, PA.

No idea if he's still doing that, but maybe try a Craigslist search around that area.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#2]
just keep looking on craigslist. There have been a few i've seen which I am now kicking myself for not going for immediately.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can't find a used one, I believe they have discounts on some of the display models at the Outdoor Show in February. Which is still a good ways off and I could be wrong.
I guess it wasn't that helpful after all.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll continue to look on Craigslist across the state but Schlange that was helpful. I'm trying to hold out for a good deal, but I don't like having my firearms unprotected either.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I found a Cabelas branded Cannon on Craigslist. I check it every day in the Lancaster section. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're referring to the $1,400 one, a similar branded safe and size can be found brand new at the store for a cheaper price. If not, send me a link please! Haha
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Whats your price range?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Anywhere between $500-1,000 for what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I know Gander Mountain is overpriced but a couple years ago I picked up a display model Liberty safe (Franklin25) from them, had a price tag of $1300 on it.

Talked the store manager into selling it for $900, it had a few scratches on it but that didn’t bother me. It also came with some extras, a vault door panel that holds pistols, an outlet kit & floor anchor kit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know Gander Mountain is overpriced but a couple years ago I picked up a display model Liberty safe (Franklin25) from them, had a price tag of $1300 on it.

Talked the store manager into selling it for $900, it had a few scratches on it but that didn’t bother me. It also came with some extras, a vault door panel that holds pistols, an outlet kit & floor anchor kit.
View Quote

I have not thought about doing that, but it's a great idea! Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#11]
If you can wait till Black Friday this safe from Tractor Supply usually goes on sale for $700. Picked mine up 2 years ago and love it. Was on sale again last year.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/cannon-ts6040dlx-wide-body-safe-48-gun-capacity
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Tractor Supply Co. has decent deals on the couple of types the sell from time to time.  Not sure of the quality, but they looked ok when I started shopping around...just wan't what I was looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top