Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2014 7:42:10 AM EDT
Hey all. I just moved to Qualertown, PA and I'm looking for some ranges. I'm looking for members only and open to the public. For pistols I know of a few indoor places lower in the county but I'm looking for longer 0-300/600 outdoor ranges. Does anything exist within an hour or so from me? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club has a 300 yard range but it will be pushing an hour drive for you. Additionally, it offers a pond for fishing, trap shooting (I think Thursday nights), frequent competitions, etc.

Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club has a 300 yard range but it will be pushing an hour drive for you. Additionally, it offers a pond for fishing, trap shooting (I think Thursday nights), frequent competitions, etc.

Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind the drive, I'll have to give them a call and ask a few questions.

There's got to be more options?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately for a 300 yard range in eastern PA in your driving range, your choices are very, very limited.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
State Game lands range by Jim Thorpe is about an hour.  $30 for the year or free if you have a PA hunting license.  Has 100, 200 and 300 yard rifle lanes as well as pistol.  Fudd rules apply but at 300 yards you aren't doing mag dumps anyway.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I'm surprised there isn't more available in this state.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
There is...just not on our side of the state. My friend is always driving out to New Holland to shoot his .50. They have a beautiful set up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]
No .50 allowed at NHRPC, so hopefully your friend is driving out and shooting a different rifle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No .50 allowed at NHRPC, so hopefully your friend is driving out and shooting a different rifle.
View Quote

You're absolutely right. I just checked on their website. I'll have to talk to him next time I see him. I tend to tune out other people's shooting experiences. It makes me jealous. Haha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top