User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 8:13:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Cyper WP is what we use.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a clean looking rifle OP. Does it even leave the house?

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a sweet pic too!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a clean looking rifle OP. Does it even leave the house?

View Quote
It was cleaned up for a photo shoot for a cover I am working on.  Since I installed the binary trigger it has been getting a lot of trips out of the safe.  Suppressed double taps in 300 BLK is a current favorite drill.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It was cleaned up for a photo shoot for a cover I am working on.  Since I installed the binary trigger it has been getting a lot of trips out of the safe.  Suppressed double taps in 300 BLK is a current favorite drill.
View Quote
How does that binary trigger work anyhow?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting kind.  I have only found bark scorpions.  What is that?  A stripetail?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How does that binary trigger work anyhow?
View Quote
In the third (binary) position it fires once on the trigger pull and again on the trigger release.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting kind.  I have only found bark scorpions.  What is that?  A stripetail?
View Quote
It looks like a bark.  I have a friend that is a biologist here in PHX, I'll check with him.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont think that is a bark.  Are their fine stripes along the tail? Is it hairy?  Do you have larger photos?  I think it is either a giant hairy or a stripe tail.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#10]
It looks to be a stripe tail, does not look hairy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In the third (binary) position it fires once on the trigger pull and again on the trigger release.
View Quote
So in your own opinion, what's the gold standard in binary triggers? Like the SSA and the MBT in quality.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It looks to be a stripe tail, does not look hairy.
http://i.imgur.com/qD6YQkm.jpg
View Quote
yup, striped tail!

Cool.  fatty tail too!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome photo, well done!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So in your own opinion, what's the gold standard in binary triggers? Like the SSA and the MBT in quality.
View Quote
Personal opinion: I went with the Franklin Armory BFSIII.  It doesn’t require machining off the Colt AR/M4 “fence” and since my rifle is a factory SBR I chose this one over the Fostech Echo.
Plus the Franklin Armory unit runs .22 conversions very well.  A little video showing the fun factor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ONpFy-QR8
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate this place, there's always something new to buy just when you think that you're done

Is the install like a normal trigger? Thinking about buying one to replacing the S3G and putting this on my Stag SBR.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup, easy install.

It's called GAS...  Gear Accumulation Syndrome.  Easy to pick up the virus.  Too easy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:28:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
awesome pics,  IF AZ hometown had a cover pic, that should be it.

trying to understand how binary are legal. with the one pull, one bullet deal
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I concur, very awesome pic OP

Ironically, the only scorpion I've seen was a dead one when unpacking when we moved here from Texas.

That was 25 yrs ago. Lucky I guess.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#19]
The Franklin trigger has seen some issues and a couple local ranges will quietly ask you to not shoot a gun with that trigger on their range.  

How do they know you have a Franklin?  

They don't at first.  But when you start putting run away strings of fire into the walls and ceilings, they will probably come over and ask after the first rip or two.  

Be careful with that thing.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Right after I installed the trigger set I also got the Faxon 5.56/300 BLK GUNNER Light Weight Bolt Carrier.  In the 4 months since that upgrade I have run 1600+ rounds of Russian (62 gr.) and Greek (55 gr.) 5.56 cheapo ammo that I bought years ago... I have had 0 probs.  No runaways (5.56) and great control for double taps (300 BLK).  YMMV
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't use established ranges anyways, so no problem
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:06:53 AM EDT
[#22]
How does the binary trigger compare to your RR? I think I recall you posting one with a spade grip setup.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I made the decision to sell the RR due to the fact I started shooting it less and less as the value rose.  One kaboom and value is gone.  Bought the brand new Colt M4 factory SBR for a tiny fraction of the $ the RR was worth.  The BFS III gives me the fun of ammo "wasting" when I want but without the worry.  The trigger is also good for accuracy in semi.  BTW, the spade grips work just fine with the binary too.

S'all good, man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top