Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2017 9:42:00 PM EDT
There's a chance I may be moving to Tucson from Oklahoma City.

Other than it being hot as hell, what do I need to know?

How are the gun laws for NFA?  What are the good and bad parts of town?  How is the availability of fresh Mexican food?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The city itself is a left wing shit hole, best bet is to live on the outskirts of town.  NE side and Oro Valley are the nicest areas, Marana and NW side are good, Vail/Corona/GV and far east side are also pretty nice. SW side is probably the worst side of town, but they're are pockets of ghetto throughout town.  You probably should pick an area based on commute, Tucson Metro is pretty big and doesn't have a great freeway system.

Gun laws are among the best in the country.  Tucson tries to pull antigun shit, but they get smacked down by the state.

We have some awesome Mexican food.  Cafe Poca Cosa is my favorite, but I usually end up at El Charro because there is a location right down the street fron me, and it's good as well.  My parents like Guadalajara Grill, I haven't been recently but they swear it's good, and my wife likes El Guero Canelo, which is famous for Sonoran Hot Dogs.

Oh and it's T-U-C-S-O-N.  Don't hesitate to IM me if you have any specific questions.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the east side and north east side. I live in Phoenix (Peoria) but work in Tucson. I have come close to moving down due to workload.

What are you looking for in a place? You can have city, suburban or rural living and still work downtown in Tucson.

Work or retired? If you work, what part of town? There is a highway but unless you are on the west side it's not going to be near you.

NFA and gun laws in general are good.

For Mexican/Southwest food I have found no better food than Poco and Mom's. It's more casual than Cafe Poca Cosa but most everything in Arizona is casual. I've lived here for 17 years and I work in an office environment and I don't own a suit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Tucson's politics is the rebel that wishes it could and gets slapped around by the AZSC for going against freedom.

NFA? Seriously? This is AZ, one of the best states for NFA and more. You can ride around with a concealed or open carried SBR in your car. Loaded. And totally legal (provided you CYA with the paperwork handy of course as a just in case).
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The city itself is a left wing shit hole, best bet is to live on the outskirts of town.  NE side and Oro Valley are the nicest areas, Marana and NW side are good, Vail/Corona/GV and far east side are also pretty nice. SW side is probably the worst side of town, but they're are pockets of ghetto throughout town.  You probably should pick an area based on commute, Tucson Metro is pretty big and doesn't have a great freeway system.

Gun laws are among the best in the country.  Tucson tries to pull antigun shit, but they get smacked down by the state.

We have some awesome Mexican food.  Cafe Poca Cosa is my favorite, but I usually end up at El Charro because there is a location right down the street fron me, and it's good as well.  My parents like Guadalajara Grill, I haven't been recently but they swear it's good, and my wife likes El Guero Canelo, which is famous for Sonoran Hot Dogs.

Oh and it's T-U-C-S-O-N.  Don't hesitate to IM me if you have any specific questions.
View Quote
Whoops, my bad.

Ill reply with more info/questions on monday.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
My buddy's family has owned a home in Oro Valley for several years now due to his work. They really like it, and that's the area I'd also be in if I had to live around Tucson.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Just moved here at the end of June. Love it so far.  People are friendly, excellent food and I may or may not have shouldered my Sig Brace today at the range...
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I may or may not have shouldered my Sig Brace today at the range..[/img]
View Quote
You hooligan, you....
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
IMHO , Tucson is a left wing liberal sanctuary city . So if you don't mind that enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IMHO , Tucson is a left wing liberal sanctuary city . So if you don't mind that enjoy.
View Quote
Still better than being stuck in OK.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe.  I really like OK.

But, it's all for naught.  The job I interviewed for was cancelled.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:47:47 AM EDT
[#11]
NW, NE, SE.

Avoid rest
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree Tucson is a shit hole.

I live in Marana and love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top