Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2017 6:51:18 PM EDT
I had one show up outside the trailer this morning.  He took two rounds of .22 right behind the shoulder and still managed to run off somewhere.  He was only about 15 yards away!  He did look REALLY pissed.  Coyotes get a free snack tonight.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
He will be bringing all his buddies back. If you feel the trailer moving tonight you will know.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I tagged one right in the boiler with a .17HMR at 30 yards once. It ran a good 50 yards before he balled up. I thought, I missed? But could have sworn I saw the "pink mist" through the scope and heard that distinct THWAP of a hit, then he rolled.

The are tough hombres.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude your screwed.
Night of the Lepus Bunnies Everywhere

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Those antelope jacks are some tough bastards.  I once shot one through the head with a field point from my recurve.  The arrow went through his skull and stuck with half of it sticking out of either side of his head.  He managed to remain vertical and was able to hop out of range when I would try to get close for a finisher.  Finally I immobilized him with a shoulder shot from a judo point but I still had to crush his skull to finish him off.

I have double lunged many of them with a .22 LR,  only to think I missed until I inspect the body after following up with a head shot.

The blacktailed jacks are much easier to kill.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude your screwed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_caJjIRC-Q

View Quote
Yup, that would be them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:32:36 AM EDT
[#6]
We used to really beat them up while quail hunting. I stopped shooting the big jacks after a string of uparmored bunny chasing mishaps from light bird loads.  I'll still fling arrows at them with my longbow though.

Some were so beefy that you could hear their feet thump as they run.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Tough as nails and dumb as rocks.... I usually run over 3-4 a week because they usually either run toward my headlights or straight down the yellow line....
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Eyeballs make great aiming points!  This was at 15 yards, off hand, with a brisk (Arizona) breeze.  More luck than skill.  That little M&P 22 Compact shoots GOOD!  Yotes get another free snack tonight.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top