Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2017 8:36:53 PM EDT
So I just got a really nice gen three pvs-7. Problem is the two rhino mounts I've bought so far (rhino II and regular rhino) don't even come close to working.

The seller told me, and I've read elsewhere that NV in general can be finicky even from mount to mount. Regardless if it's the same Norotis Rhino II mount.

So does anyone around Gilbert have some if these I can try to verify there isn't an issue with my pvs-7? And maybe if I find one that locks up you want to part with?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Im guessing you have a Pvs7A rather than a Pvs7B. They use separate mounting systems. The A uses a dovetail mount. The B uses bayonet mount.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im guessing you have a Pvs7A rather than a Pvs7B. They use separate mounting systems. The A uses a dovetail mount. The B uses bayonet mount.
View Quote

It's a B. I've got a bayonet mount. Sorry. I should have been more clear.

I spoke with the guy who sold them to me and he confirmed they were finicky with mounts.

He finally got them into a rhino II titanium. He suggested I file the bayonet on the pvs-7 but there is no way.  At least not until it's my lay option.  In fact I'll sell it and move to a 14 before I do that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top