Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 9:58:09 PM EDT
I was watching Fox News yesterday and they were discussing wall construction and eminent domain. They were saying a lot of ranchers were against it. Do they know what the heck they are talking about? It would seem to me they would be happy about getting rid of fence cutting, drug carrying, litterbug criminals.
 I'm a cattle farmer in TN so this interests me. We don't even remotely have the trouble that border ranchers do, but occasionally have some issues.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
So they're "SAYING" a lot of ranchers are against it.......... Did they produce a lot of ranchers being interviewed to even lend an ounce of credibility to the statement? Not that this would even mean much to me, since they could easily "create" the ranchers they want, or if there really is a few against it, cherry pic them for a story and say its "a lot.".

Just because its Fox doesn't mean agenda's aren't constantly at play these days. I love it when a report says "experts say................" and goes on about something, and NEVER lists who the "expert" is OR what makes them an "expert." Most people eat this crap up without question unfortunately, so they can say anything their agenda dictates and give it credibility by simply saying it.
Truth in journalism is gone. Honest reporting has been corrupted by the elite that have perfected the way to use the media to create their own narrative... and thereby  influence what becomes "reality" for most people.

I live in S. Az. along one of the most active smuggling routes just off the Tohono Odham Res... and had owned acreage in Cochise Co. previously... they're obviously against a wall (the reporter/producer), and are "creating" public sentiment about it that fits their goal.
I would love to see some of these "ranchers" that are against it.......... but it is fact that the Tohono's -- who have over 70 miles of border with Mexico -- don't want anything to do with it and will be fighting it. I wonder how much cartel money gets "donated" on their Res?????
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Fake news.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So they're "SAYING" a lot of ranchers are against it.......... Did they produce a lot of ranchers being interviewed to even lend an ounce of credibility to the statement? Not that this would even mean much to me, since they could easily "create" the ranchers they want, or if there really is a few against it, cherry pic them for a story and say its "a lot.".

Just because its Fox doesn't mean agenda's aren't constantly at play these days. I love it when a report says "experts say................" and goes on about something, and NEVER lists who the "expert" is OR what makes them an "expert." Most people eat this crap up without question unfortunately, so they can say anything their agenda dictates and give it credibility by simply saying it.
Truth in journalism is gone. Honest reporting has been corrupted by the elite that have perfected the way to use the media to create their own narrative... and thereby  influence what becomes "reality" for most people.

I live in S. Az. along one of the most active smuggling routes just off the Tohono Odham Res... and had owned acreage in Cochise Co. previously... they're obviously against a wall (the reporter/producer), and are "creating" public sentiment about it that fits their goal.
I would love to see some of these "ranchers" that are against it.......... but it is fact that the Tohono's -- who have over 70 miles of border with Mexico -- don't want anything to do with it and will be fighting it. I wonder how much cartel money gets "donated" on their Res?????
View Quote

I know it seems to be a lot harder to find the truth these days, hence my post to AZ hometown. The only way I could see a landowner against it would be maybe if the government was not going to pay a reasonable sum or taking an extraordinary amount of land.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top