Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2017 1:18:09 AM EDT
Jack @ss in a hot air balloon flies 30-40 feet over my house today and sits there for 10-12 minutes. Every time they do the flame bursts they spoke the horses on my and surrounding 3-4 properties. They did this over and over.  They could have landed in numerous places but came down in the middle of Seville subdivision in Gilbert with two balloons.

I called Gilbert PD and they went out and talked with the company but have no jurisdiction over anything in the air. Their advise is to call the FAA which based on what I have read online this evening does nothing if the ballonist says he was trying to land. This guy was between 30-100 feet off the ground for about 25 minutes while they were waiving at people below.

Any advise how to keep this dillweed away from my property or atleast at a higher altitude?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Some sort of a hooked broadhead to "unzip" the side of his balloon?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Have suppressed 22, will travel.  Payment in cheetos or mt dew.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:56:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking of a barrage of model rockets might make him steer clear.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Jack @ss in a hot air balloon flies 30-40 feet over my house today and sits there for 10-12 minutes. Every time they do the flame bursts they spoke the horses on my and surrounding 3-4 properties. They did this over and over.  They could have landed in numerous places but came down in the middle of Seville subdivision in Gilbert with two balloons.
View Quote

You must live within 1/4 mile of me.  Last time they did this they landed in the alfalfa field on the south side of Riggs.  The wife's thoroughbred was most displeased.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Call the company directly and ask them nicely ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:53:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Met the owner at the landing zone with Gilbert PD. He could care less about anyine else and based on his legal spewings to the cops he has caused issues before. Thinking the FAA and McCain might be the logical options.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:26:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I called Gilbert PD and they went out and talked with the company but have no jurisdiction over anything in the air. Their advise is to call the FAA which based on what I have read online this evening does nothing if the ballonist says he was trying to land. This guy was between 30-100 feet off the ground for about 25 minutes while they were waiving at people below.

Any advise how to keep this dillweed away from my property or atleast at a higher altitude?
View Quote

Your best bet is to use the animals as your way to make him avoid your properties.  Video him in the air when he is spooking the horses and get the reactions from the animals on video as harassment.  The other would be if you have any hawks or other raptors in the vicinity, especially if you can prove they are nesting or staying in these properties.  Harassing raptors, who are protected under state and federal laws, would be a good way to get Game and Fish and FAA on his case. I've seen a set of hawks who use to be around Ocotillo and Sossaman hunting in those fields all the time.  That or invite some obese nudists to use your backyard when you're not home to host gatherings during his normal flight times...

The other is get General Discussion to firestorm his social media with tons of negative reviews...
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Name of the company?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not a fan of acting like a child.

Ask the dude that owns the place nicely to stop.
Record again if he doesn't.
Send to one of those "channel X on your side" type news programs.

When it comes down to it, i say he has a freedom to fly wherever is legal. Can't please everyone all the time, but not cool if he's being a douche on purpose.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Aerogelic Ballooning.

And I have no issues with them flying above my property. I do have an issue with them flying at 40 ft and continuously blowing the propane to spook the horses so they run around.

Spoke to the FAA and based on the pictures they are flying without an identification number which is a serious violation.

They have asked for all pictures and video due to their belief that if this is considered harassment it is punishable
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I I remember correctly that very thing with the balloons happened to the guy that has the ostriches near Picacho Peak. He went to court and was bankrupted when the decision went for the balloon company.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Well done on the thread title, It made me laugh pretty hard.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Get one of those water balloon sling shots and some horse shit and have some fun with it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Call em first and ask em nicely to please stop

Put a LARGE sign on your roof or in the lot:    Passengers in the Balloon - Tell your ASSHOLE pilot to stop scaring my horses !

Call the local news agencies and see if they will take interest. If a negative story hurts their business I bet they would stop.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]
All you can do is nicely ask them to stop. They have no legal right to listen to you and you have no legal jurisdiction to tell them not to.

It's not like they are doing it on purpose, so you'd be hard pressed to say they are harassing you.

A little extreme to call PD on them and show up to their landing spot with them. And going to the media with this sounds like something an entitled liberal would do.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Lets see, neighbors of mine have called numerous times and asked them to stop, the owner says he can do as he wants as he uses seville to.land in order to get free advertising.

Yes the PRICK does it on purpose..

I am sure you would feel different if this was effecting your home.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#18]
delete
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lets see, neighbors of mine have called numerous times and asked them to stop, the owner says he can do as he wants as he uses seville to.land in order to get free advertising.

View Quote
well, just to play devils advocate:

He does it so that he stays in the air.

Have you contacted the HOA and told them about it, since he is using their land? HOAs suck, but sounds like bringing this up at their board meeting should be your next step.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Great idea, I did not even think of the HOA
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:13:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Here's a few ideas for you to ponder:
1.  Get a bullhorn and when they're overhead tell them to leave as they're scaring your horses.  If they don't leave, it makes them look really bad in front of their customers.  

2.  So they're 30-40 feet off the ground you say??  That seems like a low enough altitude for you to be able to hit them with a well aimed straight stream of water from a high pressure hose.  

3.  File an Injunction against harassment against them so they have to stay 1,000 feet away from your property.  Basis for claim could be your wife feels violated when she's laying outside sunbathing and then they keep hovering over your house and within eyesight of your wife.  Would need to show that she can't be seen from any other angle other than from altitude.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here's a few ideas for you to ponder:
1.  Get a bullhorn and when they're overhead tell them to leave as they're scaring your horses.  If they don't leave, it makes them look really bad in front of their customers.  

2.  So they're 30-40 feet off the ground you say??  That seems like a low enough altitude for you to be able to hit them with a well aimed straight stream of water from a high pressure hose.  

3.  File an Injunction against harassment against them so they have to stay 1,000 feet away from your property.  Basis for claim could be your wife feels violated when she's laying outside sunbathing and then they keep hovering over your house and within eyesight of your wife.  Would need to show that she can't be seen from any other angle other than from altitude.
View Quote

#1 is a great idea
#2 might get assault charges?
#3 sounds unlikely
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:19:13 AM EDT
[#23]

You tell me how high this is and this is less than 50 feet from.the power lines on the west side of Higley rd at the entrance to Seville

No he did not land here he landed about 2/10 of a mile away

The bull horn is the best idea yet.. And I already have one. Thanks for the suggestion

Ps: the guy on the right with his arm up, yeap thats Señor Prick.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:25:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Walk around stark naked.  Chances are they won't want to subject their next batch of customers to that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Walk around stark naked.  Chances are they won't want to subject their next batch of customers to that.
View Quote

Sun bath on YOUR roof naked next time!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#26]
But his ballon says god bless ....
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:32:17 AM EDT
[#28]
go to home depot and buy large mirror panels and stick them on your roof.. on a sunny day that will be great.. but then again the idiots passengers might enjoy a mirrored roof
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:23:25 AM EDT
[#29]
That's way too low.

He's a douche and knows he is doing douche things. Hope you get things sorted OP, and may fuck be upon that asshole.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's way too low.

He's a douche and knows he is doing douche things. Hope you get things sorted OP, and may fuck be upon that asshole.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That's way too low.

Quoted:
http://i63.tinypic.com/2eyw6li.png

No he did not land here he landed about 2/10 of a mile away

How is that too low if he is landing?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#31]
He had to go back up to about 100-150 ft and float over to the landing site there was zero reason to stay thos low for over 25 minutes without landing considering the amount of open fields he could have landed in.

He does this for the free advertising in seville
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Leave negative Yelp reviews.  Also what company so we know to avoid any business with them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like others have complained about him before. Even made the paper

http://archive.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/20110904hot-air-balloons-risks.html
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Yelp, Google, TripAdvisor, Angie's List    - leave reviews and feedback on all of them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Aerogelic Ballooning  is the name of the company
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Boo hoo for you and your neighbors.

The owner is right, he can do as he wants and doesn't have to listen to you just because you complain. You're not some special somebody he has to bow to.

Does blowing off your neighborhood complaint hurt his company.....maybe, but the owner doesn't care. Make bad review's online all you want, it will be overshadowed by the good reviews that it looks like he has.

Just because he flies over low, doesn't mean he's harassing you, and like I said before, you'd be hard pressed to legally prove it.

On the other hand, you do the things people suggested here, and he can easily prove that YOU are harassing HIM.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The owner is right, he can do as he wants and doesn't have to listen to you just because you complain. You're not some special somebody he has to bow to.

Does blowing off your neighborhood complaint hurt his company.....maybe, but the owner doesn't care. Make bad review's online all you want, it will be overshadowed by the good reviews that it looks like he has.

Just because he flies over low, doesn't mean he's harassing you, and like I said before, you'd be hard pressed to legally prove it.

On the other hand, you do the things people suggested here, and he can easily prove that YOU are harassing HIM.
View Quote

Looks like we found the owner of someone who works for the company.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Looks like we found the owner of someone who works for the company.
View Quote

Well, you'd be wrong then. Never even heard of the company.

Just giving the OP some actual reality on the situation.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I respect your opinion, but glad the FAA is reviewing it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like livestock harassment from an aircraft to me. If he just did it once, then maybe he had a problem landing or something.

Doing it over and over is harassment IMO.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#42]
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/apl/noise_emissions/airport_aircraft_noise_issues/noise/

http://airportnoiselaw.org/damages.html
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:17:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Everytime he lands go over and video as you ask his customers how they feel about spooking animals and post that shit to FB.....most will be embarrassed about it and while it's not their fault if you do it often enough he may take his shit down the road...

Be polite,  do not make threats,  just ask them how they feel about it and be sure to mention you've repeatedly asked the owner to stop....it will leave an impression that overshadows the experience that they just paid for....word will get around.....some pro animal nutters will eventually get wind of it and start in on him.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Everytime he lands go over and video as you ask his customers how they feel about spooking animals and post that shit to FB.....most will be embarrassed about it and while it's not their fault if you do it often enough he may take his shit down the road...

Be polite,  do not make threats,  just ask them how they feel about it and be sure to mention you've repeatedly asked the owner to stop....it will leave an impression that overshadows the experience that they just paid for....word will get around.....some pro animal nutters will eventually get wind of it and start in on him.....
View Quote

Wrong approach. Why would you purposely ruin another persons/couples day just to meet your own agenda?

All it makes you look like is one of those crazy liberals protesting outside slaughterhouse companies.

If he isn't doing anything illegal and you can't prove he's harassing, suck it up and move on.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Contact the FSDO at the local FAA office.
They should look into it.

Scottsdale FSDO

Address
17777 N. Perimeter Dr.
Suite 101
Scottsdale, Arizona 85255-5453

Phone: (480) 419-0111 Fax: (480) 419-0800

Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday ? Friday
Office hours by appointment only
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wrong approach. Why would you purposely ruin another persons/couples day just to meet your own agenda?

All it makes you look like is one of those crazy liberals protesting outside slaughterhouse companies.

If he isn't doing anything illegal and you can't prove he's harassing, suck it up and move on.
View Quote

you don't have to approve of my approach,  but I'm sure it would be quite effective...

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:53:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

We all know that just because you can't "prove" something in court doesn't mean he's not doing it. Guy has had multiple complaints. It's obvious he needs a punch in the face. You could do that back in the day. That's why more people had manners. Now they know the liberalified courts protect the stupid/douche bags.

OJ was innocent of murder.......
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your fucking joking right?    You would be ok with some fagit hovering a hot air balloon over your house at 40ft for 20 minutes?  It's fucking weird and causing problems.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Is this the same balloonist?

This fucktard almost hit my neighbor's roof just after the asscrack of dawn this morning. If I had a longer wang I could've pissed in his gondola. I snapped this pic a few minutes later. I could hear every word each person in the balloon was saying, and the entire back of my house is glass so they clearly could see well into the interior of my home.

And yeah, the noise is quite terrifying first thing in the morning before your first cup of joe, sounded like someone was trying to arson my living room with a MAPP gas torch.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Popular opinion points you at the minority. In police work, they call that a clue.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top