Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 1:33:30 PM EDT
Hello everyone,
I posted here about 6 months ago asking about people's experiences with local health care systems.  I'm graduating from my Internal Medicine residency in July and will start working as a Hospitalists with a group at Thompson Peak Hospital in North Scottsdale.  I want rent for a little while to get the lay of the land, but will start looking for houses. Does anyone have neighborhood preferences or experience for ones to look at or avoid?  Thanks, much appreciated.
Kevdog
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a price range in mind? Anything you want to be close to?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a definitive budget yet, which I know would be helpful information .  I want to work for a little bit to see what my productivity-based income turns out to be.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm mostly looking in the North Scottsdale area. As the main hospital where I will work is on Thompson Peak Parkway. Ideally I will live within 15 minutes of work.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]
There are no bad neighborhoods in N Scottsdale really... just be prepared to spend an arm and a dick for rent. N Phoenix may be a bit cheaper, but the neighborhoods aren't as nice. Anything west of the 51 can either be extremely nice or extremely shitty.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Kevdog - I'm a local broker and live in the N Scottsdale area. Scottsdale & Jomax.

Have you looked into the gray hawk area right there off of Thompson Peak? It's nice & safe. You'll be real close to work, FLW shopping, Desert ridge & lifetime fitness if you're into the gym.

IM me if you'd like to discuss further.

Corey
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the inner triangle between 101/FLW/Shea.  We rented for a year off Mountain View Rd near the 101 before deciding to buy in the Sweetwater area. Close to all the highway exits and near plenty of shopping/grocery yet has a nice neighborhoody feel to most of the developments.  I think it's a good mix of medium to high end housing with a lighter mix of apartment/condos.  It's a little further from your work area though not that far.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone for all the input.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The Capri on Camelback is an awesome place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top