Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2017 11:28:28 AM EDT
So the wife informed me today that the kids have Monday off of school and they all want to go up and play in the snow for the day.

Not really looking for one of the Flagstaff "snow play areas" where 1000 people are...

Kids want to take their tubes and boogie boards and sled and build snowmen...

Not sure what the snow situation is up north right now, but I'm assuming you they are getting a little snow with this front.

Any decent places north of Payson or Prescott?  Would rather not have to drive all the way up to Flagstaff area.

Also, I'd like to stop back in town on the way home and find a decent restaurant for lunch, so restaurant recommendations are also welcomed!  

Roads are important, since we will be rocking the minivan this trip.  Can't really go off roading to get to a place.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
When the snow gets low enough to be in Payson we drive up there and let the kids play at Rumsy Park.

Went on Christmas day this time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
There is supposed to be a big park where 89a hits I17. With hills etc.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fort Tuthill at the fairgrounds.

If you have military affiliation (AD, Reserve, Retired, or  DAVPRM) then follow the signed to the Luke AFB rec center up there as well and they have another run.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that's the Flagstaff Snow Park.  Just checked this morning and they are still closed until they get more snow.  They were open until about 2 weeks ago and then closed down because their snow was melting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
there is play snow area in Williams, just north of the interstate.  Busy, but not as busy as Flag.  The extra drive is made by not getting stuck in traffic coming off the ski mountain in Flag.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, we went up through Pine / Strawberry up on top and found a ton of snow. Found a good place for the kids to play and spent about 2 1/2 hours playing in the snow before heading back to Payson for lunch.

Had a good time...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top