Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2017 5:32:15 PM EDT
Is anyone else having problems?

Edit: And I wasted post 21k on CenturyLink? 
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been having some problems as of late with Centurylink. Mostly the wireless signal occasionally dropping or slower speeds. I figured that it had more to do with the modem being old. After all, they aren't exactly known for quality modems, and I've had it for a few years now. 
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
YES!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always had issues with loosing connectivity occasionally with Centurylink (and Quest before that) out here.  I've tried a new modem and router but it still drops coverage at times and its a few seconds before it comes back.  Its sucks especially when streaming something like Netflix.  Once it starts doing it you just have to stop watching as the internet connection will come and go for a while.  It always seems to happens in the evenings after everyone's off work but it seems ok during the day. While it doesn't happen everyday it still happens often enough to be annoying.

It appears its something we have to live with as we've had 2 different service techs out who have told us its the "cell" we are in and until Centurylink upgrades thats the best it gets.  We don't have any options out here in unincorporated county because its either Centurylink or go with a satellite internet provider.  Its obvious that Centurylink's broadband won't get upgraded out here anytime soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top