Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2016 7:39:56 PM EDT
I have family coming in town for Thanksgiving.

Normally we go out to around Queen Valley (North of the RR tracks) and go target shooting (along with a ton other people) since it is close and easy for everyone to get to.

Someone today told me there was no more target shooting out there.  

Is that true?  I couldn't find anything on-line about it.

If it is, are there any other places close by the East Valley to go shooting??
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
They are still shooting out there.  It is closed to shooting during the summer because of the fire hazard.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It's open,  it not very safe.

Lot, and lots of shooters out there. Last weekend, there were two groups that decided that they would shoot wherever they could find space. They didn't have a decent backstop and were shooting right into the most congested areas. Lots of ricochets.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.

Yeah I really don't like that place, but it's convenient for everyone else so I put up with it 1 time a year...  
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
there is a free shooting range in casa grand
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The part that closed was the spillway.  The rest along Hewitt station is still open.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I would go to sycamore instead, more places to shoot and a little bit safer
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Rio Salado shooting range is pretty decent, RSOs keep things safe.
I really don't like going to Queen Valley and Sycamore any more, too many idiots.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Go on a typical week day and there's hardly anyone out there. Going on a weekend is a disaster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top