Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2016 6:52:26 PM EDT
Coming into greater Tucson area for a few days. Any "must-dos" I should be aware of?

Is the Pima Air and Space Museum all that?
Any food, parks, etc would be greatly recommended
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The Air and Space Museum is definitely worth a visit.  Desert Museum is also fantastic if you're into nature and the ecology of the region.  Titan Missile Museum is a ways out of town, but also very interesting.  I also like going to Mt Lemmon for hiking and a change in temperature, but depending on where you're coming from that might not be as interesting to you.  Sabino Canyon is another great hiking/outdoor spot.  Food wise, I am a huge fan of Cafe Poca Cosa, think high end Mexican food.  There are some good places with cheap Mexican food that are also worth a visit, El Guero Canelo for example.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The Air and Space Museum is worth it. It is an amazing place. It is one of the best air and space museums in the nation. I try and go at least once a year.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:50:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Hang out with AZ Colabros.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Pima Air and Space is cool.

Go to BK's on 12th, get the Carmello's.

Not sure if it's still there but there is a road side Sonora dog stand on 22nd across from El Guello Canello just past wilmont or craycroft. The best...

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks fellas, keep them coming

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hang out with AZ Colabros.....
View Quote

I almost didn't recognize you without your avatar.

You going to make us some chili or maybe some short rib?
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot of great suggestions!  Sahuaro Nat'l Park West, Tucson Mountain Park, and Mi Nidito's for good Mexican food!  Recommend the El Presidente Plate.  The Barilla Taco's are fantastic. Mossaic Café is another good place to eat and at night it has a nice view of the city lights.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#7]
When will you be here?
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Anything you're into?

As for food I tend to take tourists the El charro downtown $$ or Cafe Poca Cosa $$$
I prefer El Guerro canelo $ for Burros but BKs $ Sonoran dogs are a thing to behold, either location.

For breakfast I prefer Millies pancake Haus.  It's not Sonoran but kinda like Grandmas house.  
Mother Hubbard's has great food but it very locally themed and looks that way.  Foods worth it but adventurous.  I'd hesitate taking family from Iowa

The Air and Space Museum is great

The drive to Mt. Lemmon is a great experience (we're a ski town)

Biking, road or Mt. Basically Everywhere

Find a local and go shooting, day or night in the desert.

Bisbee is a drive but really something

Wine tasting in Patagonia is pretty fun.  

Pats chili dogs is an institution (very spicy)

Our downtown and 4th ave is on a light rail with the University, easy to spend a whole day wandering, eating and shopping.  Hippy but decent.  Plenty of interesting hobos.

The DeGrazia Gallery is an art gallery a pretty part of town and free.  He really personifies Tucson.  I've always like it there

Sabino Canyon is great, tram if you've got some weak knees In The party.  It's a decent walk otherwise

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#9]
The DeGrazia Gallery no longer has free admission.

I highly recommend Mt.Lemmon. Pack a lunch, there are plenty of picnic areas. The road to the summit is frequently closed at the gate past the ski lodge but if it's open you can drive to a parking area with a nice easy trails with great views. If you're more adventurous the trail to the summit of Mt. Bigelow is a nice hike with awesome views to the south and east. Don't mind the communication towers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:04:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Prima and Poca Cosa (amazing food) have been mentioned. Try the original El Charro downtown too. Some of the best Sonoran style Mexican food around.  Carne seca FTW.

The Hacienda del Sol is an amazing place to eat too

There are a bunch of good breweries such as Dragoon and Borderlands.

If you have time, the Sonoran Desert Museum is amazing.

Make sure you hit AJ's for a couple of bottles of Poblano hot sauce. You will thank me.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The DeGrazia Gallery is an art gallery a pretty part of town and free.  He really personifies Tucson.  I've always like it there

[/div]  
View Quote

Huh, cool, didn't know he had a gallery.  My mom has a Degrazia stained glass 'picture'.  It's of a roadrunner.  Maybe 8" tall by 18" wide.  Wonder if it's worth anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top