Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2016 10:26:21 PM EDT
Daughter moved out of state, registered her car in new state.  She sent me her old license plate -- do I need to turn it in?

Car registration for AZ came in the mail.  Do I just ignore it or do I have to notify the state that the car will no longer be registered in AZ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure you have to notify the DMV of the move - the plate you own. Hang it in the garage, shoot at it, or make some thing out of it....
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The new state will notify AZ, since they have to create a new title and resigtration.  You can send it in, throw it away, or drop it in a box in the garage.  Its just tin now.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
if you go online to servicearizona you can get a refund for what ever time is left on the plate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

if you go online to servicearizona you can get a refund for what ever time is left on the plate.
View Quote

Good point, what he said..
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Minus a $28 fee.   If the car was more than a few years old the fee normally eliminates any residual value.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Minus a $28 fee.   If the car was more than a few years old the fee normally eliminates any residual value.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still better than throwing the plate away and getting nothing. The fee is also $12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top