Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 7:56:44 PM EDT
Anyone here in the PHX area keep an AR in their car/trunk year round?  I have an AR pistol I was thinking about mounting and keeping in my trunk. I have a friend who works in the hood and is also wanting to keep a beater rifle in his as well.  So, for those of you that do, do you have any type of optic mounted?  I'm thinking my PA micro dot may get fried in the summer.  Also, are there any concerns with ammo?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's practical for you, go for it. Will you bring it in every night? Having it stolen would suck, both for you and whoever the thief might zap with it.

I don't see many situations where having a long gun in my car for day to day stuff would be anything other than a burden, I just toss one in when prudent to have one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a trunk gun, but not an AR. Just an old .22 that I keep in there for snakes and shit while camping.

ETA: always have a G19, and then a SBR when I feel I might need it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
In trunk, or sometimes in the back seat (no optics)

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course I got one, I keep it in the back seat. It's got an acog on it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's practical for you, go for it. Will you bring it in every night? Having it stolen would suck, both for you and whoever the thief might zap with it.

I don't see many situations where having a long gun in my car for day to day stuff would be anything other than a burden, I just toss one in when prudent to have one.
View Quote
This right here.

Working on the beater rifle. when I will be done it will be almost $400 in cost. Hell it may end up being the first rifle I will take some krylon too as well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I take more of a statistical look at it. Is the potential burden/headache of dealing with it being stolen (especially since I drive a wrangler) worth the less than 1% chance I'll A, need a gun and B, need more than my Sig carry hand gun.

In a perfect world, yeah I'd rock one in the car but with how things are now. If it gets stolen the libs will blame me instead of the crim that actually stole it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top