Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 7:25:22 PM EDT
I just called 5 different places and every single one said they no longer do transfers - even ones I've used before.

I'd buy locally but every shop wants $200+ over the MSRP
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just about to ask who's doing transfers local to me.  Both places I used to use are now out of business.

Maybe that's why, too little sales and too many transfers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Go on to Gunbroker.  They have lists of FFL's that do transfers by zip code, and they usually include the fee the FFL charges.

What part of AZ are you in where you cannot find an FFL to do a transfer?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone told me azshooting also has a list.  I just checked it out and there's someone 11 minutes from me who does transfers for $20.  I think posting a link to over there is a no-no, so I'll just say it's in the general gun discussion forum.  I just looked at the most recent two pages of posts.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Where do you live?

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
AJI in Apache Junction still does transfers. $20 for the first, $10 for each additional. Just used them yesterday.

I think Quentin Defense in Mesa still does transfers, but haven't used them in a while.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Call Jeff at Arizona Armory 602-819-4615
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
IDK where your at but GotAmmo does them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#8]
If any shop in Arizona charges more than $40 to do a transfer, move on and NEVER buy anything from their store as they are a bunch of swindlers. Same if they say they do not do transfers.

All they are doing is filling out some paperwork and calling the background check in. Not exactly a lot of work.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AJI in Apache Junction still does transfers. $20 for the first, $10 for each additional. Just used them yesterday.

I think Quentin Defense in Mesa still does transfers, but haven't used them in a while.
View Quote

That was my go to when I lived in the EV.
Bought at least one firearm from them as well and I'd always end up leaving with more than just what I came in to pick up and transfer.

I cannot be the only one, which makes me question why any shop would not do transfers? Their business their rules, they don't want our money.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quentin Defense $15 per item ($10 per item for CCW)
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd always end up leaving with more than just what I came in to pick up and transfer.

I cannot be the only one, which makes me question why any shop would not do transfers?

View Quote

Because they are fundamentally bad at business and don't understand the business they are in.  (places like that don't last)

Gun shops that try to make a large markup on new firearms do not understand the basic business model of a gun shop.  

New guns are break-even, or at best low profit.  The real profit is in accessories, ammo, and used guns.   Transfers are basically free money, and it gets a buyer into your physical store, and you didn't have to pay advertising to do so.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where do you live?

View Quote

Central Phoenix - sorry, forgot that my profile doesn't list the city. I called around 10 shops until I eventually found one near by who accepted the transfer.  They are a stocking dealer of the fire arm, but couldn't give me any information about when new ones would be received or how they would be priced - and it didn't sound like they would have any coming in the near future.  I usually give shops priority over online purchases, but not when they're asking for a $200+ mark up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Because they are fundamentally bad at business and don't understand the business they are in.  (places like that don't last)

Gun shops that try to make a large markup on new firearms do not understand the basic business model of a gun shop.  

New guns are break-even, or at best low profit.  The real profit is in accessories, ammo, and used guns.   Transfers are basically free money, and it gets a buyer into your physical store, and you didn't have to pay advertising to do so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd always end up leaving with more than just what I came in to pick up and transfer.

I cannot be the only one, which makes me question why any shop would not do transfers?

I also feel a little obligation to buy stuff from a dealer that gives me good deals on a transfer.  I avoid the rapists. My long time transfer dealer refused to transfer stripped lowers.  Someone else got that free money, and every penny since that day.  Stupid should hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top