BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Bucket is full of mystery that some lucky AZHTF Arcomer is going to win.

The Barrel however......

Well, we all know what goes on at The Barrel for the price of a quarter.

View Quote

Hmmm what is this about?
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

With a screen name like that you sound like you hail from the Southeastern corner of AZ (near Willcox). Am I right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never been to a shoot. I would like to join in on the fun.

With a screen name like that you sound like you hail from the Southeastern corner of AZ (near Willcox). Am I right?

Nope. I needed my name changed and I let Aimless pick it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Update folks.

Been talking with Lukeduke and we're very much interested in getting some two gun action. Three stages of fire, think Rocky Mountain 3 gun but without the shotgun. Shotguns tend to destroy targets and stands and we don't want other people's targets being KO'd. If there is enough of an interest for a shotgun, we'll see what we can do. Chuck's stuff is nice but it's more stationary and some of us just want to run and gun.

Nothing will be timed because I don't want anyone to feel left out because they're feeling too old or hurt. We can do times if someone brings a shot timer if people want it. I also want to do this at night, safely, with weapon lights or NVG's. These things can make folks more aware of their shortfalls and what they need to improve upon.

If possible please list what targets you're bringing so Lukeduke and I can get something going. Whichever weekend it is, that Friday I will link up with Lukeduke at the site to scout the area and get situated. We'll need volunteer RSO's to keep things safe for everyone following the shooters, and shooters to help reset the targets if they need tape or paint.

I'd like to have the stages in the afternoon, break for chow, and then wait for nightfall to do it again. Earlier will be free to shoot whatever and a lane or two set up for those of us that want clear shots of ringing steel as far as we can go, five hundred something something yards.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

ETA" If you own a truck or have access to one, bring pallets if you can. Lukeduke and Jered have an awesome idea for barriers and walls. You might have to bring them back if they don't get consumed by the campfire later
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Update folks.

Been talking with Lukeduke and we're very much interested in getting some two gun action. Three stages of fire, think Rocky Mountain 3 gun but without the shotgun. Shotguns tend to destroy targets and stands and we don't want other people's targets being KO'd. If there is enough of an interest for a shotgun, we'll see what we can do. Chuck's stuff is nice but it's more stationary and some of us just want to run and gun.

Nothing will be timed because I don't want anyone to feel left out because they're feeling too old or hurt. We can do times if someone brings a shot timer if people want it. I also want to do this at night, safely, with weapon lights or NVG's. These things can make folks more aware of their shortfalls and what they need to improve upon.

If possible please list what targets you're bringing so Lukeduke and I can get something going. Whichever weekend it is, that Friday I will link up with Lukeduke at the site to scout the area and get situated. We'll need volunteer RSO's to keep things safe for everyone following the shooters, and shooters to help reset the targets if they need tape or paint.

I'd like to have the stages in the afternoon, break for chow, and then wait for nightfall to do it again. Earlier will be free to shoot whatever and a lane or two set up for those of us that want clear shots of ringing steel as far as we can go, five hundred something something yards.

View Quote

That's me!

Yes, two gun sounds great!  I will bring one p3dt Independence target and two MGM knock over steel targets.  

I will be up there on Friday of the event weekend.  Will anyone else be camping Friday night too?
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh!  And I do not have equipment to compete at night so I can RSO or work for the night portion of the competition.

It is going to be a great weekend!
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Can we shoot clay pigeons out there or will they make too much of a mess?

I should have a few steel clay holders by then.  Since we would probably be shooting them with rifle we could pick up the pieces after each shooter.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 11:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh!  And I do not have equipment to compete at night so I can RSO or work for the night portion of the competition.

It is going to be a great weekend!
View Quote
Your rifle has a rail, yes? Plenty of time between now an then to get something for a light.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#8]
How much ammo should one bring?

Thinking
9mm handgun
300blk sbr
Bolt 308
Shotgun
22 pistol and rifle
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How much ammo should one bring?

Thinking
9mm handgun
300blk sbr
Bolt 308
Shotgun
22 pistol and rifle
View Quote
A lot of each. I always bring reloads for myself and factory ammo for guns I don't own and want to shoot. It's a respect thing as some of the guy's bring NFA for us to enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Where abouts is this shoot taking place?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Where abouts is this shoot taking place?
View Quote
Chino Valley
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Update folks.

ETA" If you own a truck or have access to one, bring pallets if you can. Lukeduke and Jered have an awesome idea for barriers and walls. You might have to bring them back if they don't get consumed by the campfire later
View Quote

Is Rizzo in on this one by chance? Just curious

I am stoked about possible night shoot! My Nods will be about 90% complete by then! Meaning, I will at LEAST have one PVS14 done and the second one may also be complete. No IR Lasers yet (Looks at the L3 APTIAL).
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Also I forgot to mention about the barricades, I will bring my drill and some screws to put legs on pallets to hold them up easier. I like to remove the legs so they sit flat in the bed of the truck.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I am stoked about possible night shoot! My Nods will be about 90% complete by then! Meaning, I will at LEAST have one PVS14 done and the second one may also be complete. No IR Lasers yet (Looks at the L3 APTIAL).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update folks.

I'll text him this evening and ask.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#15]
This is starting to sound pretty freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whatcha gonna bring? And will you be fully recovered from CWW2?

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hmmm what is this about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Barrel however......

Hmmm what is this about?

The barrel, or The Mystery Bucket?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be in my prime.

My SBR has a light, but none of my handguns do, so I guess I'll be trying this course holding my flashlight-real world, right? Not ideal, but that's the way it goes. For fun I could bring an M1 Carbine or something of that nature. There's not much you can bring to awe a crowd like that! The 2014 shoot was like a shoot-able museum!
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'll be in my prime.

My SBR has a light, but none of my handguns do, so I guess I'll be trying this course holding my flashlight-real world, right? Not ideal, but that's the way it goes. For fun I could bring an M1 Carbine or something of that nature. There's not much you can bring to awe a crowd like that! The 2014 shoot was like a shoot-able museum!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be in my prime.

I'll let you borrow my P30L with an X300U or P320 with the XC1. The HK is all irons, but the Sig has an RMR on it.

If you take the 15 back through Vegas, Henderson has some really good shops if you're looking for stuff...or your own light
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Barrel however......

Hmmm what is this about?

Both
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Both
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Barrel however......

Hmmm what is this about?

Both

Look up, I posted whats in the mystery barrel.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#22]
How does one win? And would I even want to win?

ETA: never mind. Freebear in a bucket I do not want to win. Not my kinda thing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rich was teasing you and Freebear is very generous with a wicked sense of humor.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Rich was teasing you and Freebear is very generous with a wicked sense of humor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had him on the hook and was reeling him in, now you spoiled it!

Rex
These get togethers/shoots are a lot of fun. I'm truly amazed at the people who come and share their equipment and skills with all who show up. FreeBear is really a great guy who has tons of NFA goodies and puts together a "gift bucket".
Teasing the bear is just a favorite pastime around here, come on out and enjoy the company.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Rex
These get togethers/shoots are a lot of fun. I'm truly amazed at the people who come and share their equipment and skills with all who show up. FreeBear is really a great guy who has tons of NFA goodies and puts together a "gift bucket".
Teasing the bear is just a favorite pastime around here, come on out and enjoy the company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rex

We cant feed the bear but we can poke him. And if you are noce you can get upgraded fema camp accommodations.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#26]
So how does the day typically go? Meet up mid day? Shoot shoot shoot. Dinner? Grill or what? Shoot some more. Pack up the guns drink and bullshit by a fire?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So how does the day typically go? Meet up mid day? Shoot shoot shoot. Dinner? Grill or what? Shoot some more. Pack up the guns drink and bullshit by a fire?
View Quote

Lots of people try to camp the night before if they can. I think shooting started at about 0800 or 0900 at the last shoot i was able to attend.

Shooting goes pretty much all day long with periodic breaks to reset targets, pick up brass, let new-comers set up etc...

Lunch is up to the individual for the most part, unless SigChef shows up and does some of his amazing cooking Dinner is kind of the same, depends on what gets planned in threads like these.

At some point everything gets packed away so the booze can safely come out. I admittedly have yet to stay overnight for an HTF shoot, but if I can make it to this summer shoot I'll try my best to stay overnight.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pretty much. You can show up when you want, we usually go live right around 0900 to 1000. There's a Safeway nearby if you need supplies of the perishable kind. Tombstone Tactical is close by the street to head up to our spot if you need last minute parts, mags, or ammo. Their Saturday hours starts at 0900 and closes at 1700.

We all bring firewood. Many of us bring other things such as sunshades, extinguishers, and first aid kits. There is next to no signal out there, be advised. We're family friendly so wives and girlfriends plus family is welcomed. Everyone gets along really well. Some of us bring stuff to giveaway, pay it forward if you will, though not necessary.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#29]
For the summer shoot im thinking a cot and a bed sheet would be just about right for sleeping under the stars.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#30]
You need a woobie in your life.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I am a human radiator. Idont need no woobie, which i am guessing is a blanket?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it a sin that I don't know what a woobie is?
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it a sin that I don't know what a woobie is?

Woobie!
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Im sold. I will be ordering one. Haha
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:10:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:17:08 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/bIFEmlhDqdA

Great Wall for a spank tank.
Never heard it called a woobie.

" />
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/MDh5C1A.jpg" />
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Air Force may have been the reason why

Not everyone can be alphas and eat meat

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 2:42:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Air Force huh?  Hmph.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Air Force huh?  Hmph.

I knew I'd catch shit
But I'm not in the chair part of the Air Force. They let me shoot the M240B and M24.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I knew I'd catch shit
But I'm not in the chair part of the Air Force. They let me shoot the M240B and M24.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Air Force huh?  Hmph.

I knew I'd catch shit
Security Forces is still not the Infantry

It's the equivalent of being MP's
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Yes I know. But at least it's not sitting in the office. They let me go outside the wire a couple times. 2nd time in Afganistan
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes I know. But at least it's not sitting in the office. They let me go outside the wire a couple times. 2nd time in Afganistan
View Quote

Bud, nothing you can say will make you overcome the pony shit on your Avatar.

ETA:  What's the final date on the Shenanigans??  I'll do my best to come up and maybe bring HH6.  Would be good to see some of you fuckers again.  Last time I went to a HTF shoot was before I moved to Colorado.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I was thinking 11th and 12th before it got any warmer. I'm thinking of waiting for more votes and pin it down in April or until I finally know when Rich_V has landed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn double tap
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I've already got plans the first and second weekend in June.  I'm down for the last weekend.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm fine with that too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We can't feed the bear but we can poke him. And if you are nice you can get upgraded fema camp accommodations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rex

We can't feed the bear but we can poke him. And if you are nice you can get upgraded fema camp accommodations.

Queen-sized surplus Army cots for everyone! Whoopee!!

As for The Mystery Bear Bucket: Some lucky attendee will win it, freebies!

....and will be the envy of the whole camp.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Back end of June will work for me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#50]
I need a confirmed date so I can request the time off. New job is difficult to get time off under a months notice.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top