Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:09:34 PM EDT
I need to quit Facetardbook, seriously. My newsfeed is awash with armchair fucktards who are not police and talking like they know moar when they don't. Shoot her in the knees to stop her Do what the UK police does and tackle her while she's armed with a knife and charging at them Police should not be called to an armed mental issue incidents

I hate people, especially dumb fucks. And these people vote too...we're doomed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you post up the 21 foot rule video?

That usually makes people think.

Then post a stabbing video, it's not till then that they realize how terrifying a knife can be.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed. I was reading comments on the azcentral fb page post and couldn't believe how many people think real life is like the movies. "Shoot her in the arm or lower leg" "No need to kill"
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Then post a stabbing video, it's not till then that they realize how terrifying a knife can be.
View Quote
These idiots are oblivious to facts because their knee-jerk feel's demands that we have compassion if I even was to try and reason with them. Sure, let's tag our friend in AZ and lash out at him despite him having nothing to do with it

To keep my sanity and also to keep my phone from blowing up from the butthurt responses when slapped with facts, I refrained from educating them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These idiots are oblivious to facts because their knee-jerk feel's demands that we have compassion if I even was to try and reason with them. Sure, let's tag our friend in AZ and lash out at him despite him having nothing to do with it

To keep my sanity and also to keep my phone from blowing up from the butthurt responses when slapped with facts, I refrained from educating them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya. I have a friends wife who is a SJW. She used to chime in on every issue, she had a comment for everything. He's a good friend, I didn't want to tell him his wife was a fuckin' idiot, because I know what side he'd pick, I'm not dumb.

As a result of all the SJW spouses from friends, I'm on FB about twice a year now. I say thank you for the birthday wishes and Merry Christmas. That's it. So I feel ya.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

That video out of Brazil or wherever where the guy goes nuts on the cops is eye opening.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That video out of Brazil or wherever where the guy goes nuts on the cops is eye opening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the one I was thinking of.  

That video you're talking about is horrific. Complete incompetence versus savage brutality. Not pretty.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Fast forward to 5:00 and you can see the lead in to when it gets real around 7:15. Doesn't take much to lose your life.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fast forward to 5:00 and you can see the lead in to when it gets real around 7:15. Doesn't take much to lose your life.

http://youtu.be/75RTkGbiJpk
View Quote
I posted that and tagged everyone who went full retard. Then I added that I will have my phone off so feel free to whine as this will be your last time ever. I begin the purge after I've had my coffee tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/75RTkGbiJpk
View Quote

What a shit show!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:45:34 AM EDT
[#10]
If you are going to judge someone for a self defense shooting against a knife-wielder...I take it that person should volunteer to a stabbing.

WTF is it with people who think that knives are non-lethal weapons, and thus shooting a knife wielding assailant is "Excessive force". People that stupid should have their voting rights revoked, and even placed on a no-shit employment black list. Too stupid to live, as my architecture teacher in high school used to say.

WTF is wrong with people? I think it has to do with a strange romanticization that liberals have for violence that does not involve firearms. So many liberals who love knives, swords, martial arts, and super hero movies bereft of firearms. They dont even realize the horrors that are capable with the weapons and fighting styles they so admire.

People are so fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#11]
A couple of thoughts

We really do need an effective non lethal tool for cases like this*, until someone invents that a gun is the only tool we have.

Having lived in idiotville most of my life (NJ) I gave up trying to educate/correct stupid people since there seems to be an unending supply of the idiots and they rarely can be reasoned with. All it does is cause your own frustration and high blood pressure. You'll be the worse for trying.

Facebook is the home for liberal idiots. Trying to argue with them really is just a source of frustration and IMO not worth the aggravation.

* If it's some gang-banger/criminal wielding the knife I'm fine with bang bang you're dead, for the mentally distraught/deranged we need an alternative.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A couple of thoughts

We really do need an effective non lethal tool for cases like this*, until someone invents that a gun is the only tool we have.

Having lived in idiotville most of my life (NJ) I gave up trying to educate/correct stupid people since there seems to be an unending supply of the idiots and they rarely can be reasoned with. All it does is cause your own frustration and high blood pressure. You'll be the worse for trying.

Facebook is the home for liberal idiots. Trying to argue with them really is just a source of frustration and IMO not worth the aggravation.

* If it's some gang-banger/criminal wielding the knife I'm fine with bang bang you're dead, for the mentally distraught/deranged we need an alternative.
View Quote

Just one quick question for you how are you going to determine who is mentally distraught/deranged and who is not?  I'm going to bet that the police didn't know anything about the girl and her situation until after the altercation.  As of right now there is no alternative to shooting someone with a knife.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just one quick question for you how are you going to determine who is mentally distraught/deranged and who is not?  I'm going to bet that the police didn't know anything about the girl and her situation until after the altercation.  As of right now there is no alternative to shooting someone with a knife.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A couple of thoughts

Situationally dependent. A lot of suicidal people are confronted by LEO as well as the mentally ill. Sometimes there is time to observe and talk to them sometimes, as appears in this case, they just go for it with little time to react.

Respond to a call for a suicidal person with a knife may give time, opportunity and foreknowledge to use a less lethal response.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A couple of thoughts

It's being reported that they were not aware of her condition but were aware that she was suicidal.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Media is all in a frenzy about this one. The title they gave it for their articles is "Transgender man with Asperger's killed by Arizona police".

Sad part is that the officers were placed on administrative leave, while the mother goes on that "nobody was in danger. My daughter died for asking for help. She was in her own place. And regardless of what she was thinking, what she was doing, she wasn't posing a danger to the community. There has to be better way for law enforcement to respond and handle situations."

Only reason this got any attention past a quick story is because 1.) Guns were involved. 2.) LGBT individual was killed 3.) Police shot a mentally ill individual 4.) Happened in Arizona

The media should be calling this "Mentally ill individual dead after lunging at officers with knife". The fact of the matter was she shouldn't have been living alone with her worsening condition (suicidal thoughts and physically injuring herself).
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I read an article where it said one officer left the immediate scene to go get another "less-lethal" option, so it seems clear that the intent was to de-escalate the situation. Sounds like she called their bluff and forced their hand. At face value it absolutely seems that they acted in a reasonable manner. However, it does seem that they were aware that they were responding to a call where they would be dealing with a suicidal individual, and at least one of the officers had received intervention training. I'm not sure if that will play into how the officers are investigated.

I think it should be noted that she had a service dog, so I can imagine that her dog was trying to calm her down. I could see an active dog putting the officers on edge right away.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I read an article where it said one officer left the immediate scene to go get another "less-lethal" option, so it seems clear that the intent was to de-escalate the situation. Sounds like she called their bluff and forced their hand. At face value it absolutely seems that they acted in a reasonable manner. However, it does seem that they were aware that they were responding to a call where they would be dealing with a suicidal individual, and at least one of the officers had received intervention training. I'm not sure if that will play into how the officers are investigated.

I think it should be noted that she had a service dog, so I can imagine that her dog was trying to calm her down. I could see an active dog putting the officers on edge right away.
View Quote

people need to realize that calling people armed with guns to confront someone with suicidal intentions might not be a great idea.  In fact, say it out loud...

From what I can tell, the firemen need more to do...  

However, how do the cops always seem to end up in the middle of someone's house in these situations.  Maybe a little less gung-ho would help.  It seems if someone tells the cops to f themselves and announce they are suicidal, the cops always barge in like its d-day.  Not sure that was the scenario here, but I have seen it before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top