Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2015 7:12:03 PM EDT
I bought a dirt bike in CT like 6 months ago when I lived there. I received the MCO from the second owner but it has the original owner signature on it along with a bill of sale. In CT and Mass it isn't really a requirement to register off-road vehicles so nobody ever goes to the dmv to trade it in for a title. Well now living in AZ where it is a requirement to register them how do I go about getting a title?

Anyone have any experience with this that could help me out??

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a dirt bike in CT like 6 months ago when I lived there. I received the MCO from the second owner but it has the original owner signature on it along with a bill of sale. In CT and Mass it isn't really a requirement to register off-road vehicles so nobody ever goes to the dmv to trade it in for a title. Well now living in AZ where it is a requirement to register them how do I go about getting a title?

Anyone have any experience with this that could help me out??

Thanks
View Quote

Do you MSO? Manufacture State of Origin? Is the MSO and bill of sale notarized? You may need to go the bonded title route. Its not that hard, just takes a little time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes if it isn't notarized, then you will have to get a Bonded Title.  I had the same problem with a offroad bike that I bought and all I had was the bill of sale.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]
No nothing I have is notarized. When selling something private sale people just usually write up a bill of sale and sign and call it good where I'm from.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:30:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Just to give you a heads up.

The bonded title process sucks......Grade A sucks.

It's not a lot of money, but A LOT of time and effort is wasted doing it.

In the end, you still do not get a clear title, but like the name suggests, you get a bonded title.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top