Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2015 2:23:56 PM EDT
Those of you that maintain a business website, who do you use?

I have a website that was built through Wordpress that keeps getting hacked. Is there anyone local with reasonable rates that does simple web design and maintenance that you guys can recommend?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine does web development and SEO type stuff with reasonable/low rates.

http://www.anotherhandadvantage.com/

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
We use sol8.com.
No idea what they are getting paid though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
PM sent
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn.  Forgot to reply to your text on this.

Our web folks built an OK website, but they were TERRIBLE to deal with.  I would not recommend them.

I have worked with the folks at Sol8 as posted above.  They did some marketing for us.  Kasim was great to work with.  Very knowledgeable.  The marketing plan didn't work out, and he happily let us out of our contract when we both came to the conclusion that you couldn't market our services in the usual way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:12:13 AM EDT
[#5]
It looks like I may have a site and hosting nailed down, but I will need some help with google analytics. We don't want to lose our top of the page ranking.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I can help with the WP security if needed, it's pretty much what I deal with all day every day.  It should not be hacked on a regular basis and is most likely not the 'host' depending on what sort of service/agreement you are being provided.

I can either take a real in depth look provided access, but can still probably help with out with out any access - no charge

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can help with the WP security if needed, it's pretty much what I deal with all day every day.  It should not be hacked on a regular basis and is most likely not the 'host' depending on what sort of service/agreement you are being provided.

I can either take a real in depth look provided access, but can still probably help with out with out any access - no charge

View Quote

We're building a squarespace site now, but I would be interested in knowing what we're doing wrong with the word press site. Wordfence seems basically useless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top