Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 8:51:15 AM EDT
I know hunting spots are sometimes considered double-top secret, so I'm looking for a handout here.

I'm in North Queen Creek, on Rittenhouse  between Ellsworth and Sossamon.

I've heard there are some spots on Ellsworth a little further north.

Any other spots I should check out this week?

If it is super top secret, feel free to PM me.

If it matters, the first bird I down will be in your honor.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about up there but down here in Pima county you can pretty much just go for a little walk and you'll either kick them up or they will fly over you. With assholes hogging 'good' spots I started hunting dove like quail and do just fine and have more fun wondering around the desert.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
My helper was out there this morning skipping work to hunt.  Didn't get a single bird. Big storm may have chased em out plus there's water everywhere so there's no need for them to hit woater holes and get shot at.  

Unless someone had a better experience I'm not even gonna bother

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My helper was out there this morning skipping work to hunt.  Didn't get a single bird. Big storm may have chased em out plus there's water everywhere so there's no need for them to hit woater holes and get shot at.  

Unless someone had a better experience I'm not even gonna bother

View Quote

We've gotten essentially zero rain and no big storms up by my house.  I'm going to go hit a little spot I know out by Carefree highway this afternoon and see if I can catch an evening flight.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother limited out in a few hours where he went.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw 6 birds.  5 were in range.  Hit all 5.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Got limits by Maricopa for my brother, son and I yesterday.

I went out this morning and had an hour to hunt before work and got 8 more.

OP we are practically neighbors. I am at Queen Creek and Ellsworth. I hunted the State Trust Land this morning off Ellsworth Road. Everything to the west of Ellsworth to the 202 between Elliot and Ray is huntable and there are lots of birds that fly back and forth through there. There are always other guys out there so you can't miss the spot.

My step-son's first limit of doves ever.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know about up there but down here in Pima county you can pretty much just go for a little walk and you'll either kick them up or they will fly over you. With assholes hogging 'good' spots I started hunting dove like quail and do just fine and have more fun wondering around the desert.
View Quote

Same here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top