Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 1:19:58 PM EDT
I'm looking for a place to do more realistic defensive pistol training in Scottsdale and/or Phoenix. I have used some of the video FATS (Fire Arm Training Simulator) systems before, and think that would fit the bill. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere that runs one of these locally. At present, I want to focus more on reflex speed and shoot/don't shoot decisions, so I'm OK with even a laser/paintball training system if that is all that is available.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact Scottsdale Community College Admin of Justice Dept. They had a FATS machine years ago.  Don't know if they still have it, or how you can get to use it.  That's the only one I know of that doesn't belong to a PD.  I think Shooters world and Caswells also have some sort of video trainers.  

Truth is, IMO, you're better off with air soft.  We (my PD) went away from video and use sims for force on force decision making quals and air soft for (cheaper) for frequent training.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The Justice department at SSG said they had no idea what I was talking about when I called a couple of weeks ago. Same thing for ASU. Airsoft would be awesome too, but then I have to convince one on of my friend to dress up as a burglar and try to break into my house (a scenario that is a lot easier to do with a FATS video system :) ) I'll check with shooters world to see if they have a FATS system.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.route66tactical.com
Unknown if this would work for you but I fig it wouldn't hurt to post.
He's a fellow arfcommer
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#4]
We switched to using the MILO system from the FATS system several years ago.  I am a MILO Certified Instructor, it has many of the same features, but is much more robust, especially when you can drop in the MILO equipment into your existing weapons platforms.  

Many police agencies use the MILO system now.  We have actually gone away from using the simulators and gone to doing force-on-force scenarios using FX marking cartridges.  Better training.  We use old firefight turndowns, and suit up, wear helmets/faceshields, and go to town.   We use the simulator here and there, usually for remedial training.  

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
C2 tactical in tempe has one of those video fame simulators, bet they could help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top