Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2015 3:35:41 PM EDT

I'm considering purchasing some Condor rifle and pistol magazine pouches in Multicam, but I have no experience with the brand. The prices I've seen listed seem very reasonable for Multicam gear, and the pictures I've seen seem to indicate a quality manufactured product.... So what say you, yea or nay? Inquiring Bears want to know!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I'm considering purchasing some Condor rifle and pistol magazine pouches in Multicam, but I have no experience with the brand. The prices I've seen listed seem very reasonable for Multicam gear, and the pictures I've seen seem to indicate a quality manufactured product.... So what say you, yea or nay? Inquiring Bears want to know!
View Quote

There's better mags pouches for sure, but for the price, it's still good gear. I still have some Condor gear from back when it was made in Vietnam and it's held up great over the years.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a few mag pouches and one chest rig made by Condor.  I like them.  I do not have any complaints about the quality for the price.  This gear does not get a lot of use but so far it has held up.  The quality is not as good as 5.11 Tactical.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#3]
For the level of use that most end users will put their gear through, Condor is more than sufficient.

My results have varied - I have some Condor products that are awesome and some that are less than what I wish they were.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Bear, don't you have sources for surplus stuff? Much better quality and usually less expensive too. Well it's what I have, most of the condor stuff I've bought sits in a box labeled "Regret purchases". I encourage you to either go with surplus or consider adhering to the "buy once cry once" policy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't use my gear as much as I should so I can't really say one way or the other on the quality/longevity. I do have a few Condor pouches, as well as several other brands both hard and soft, but what I'm currently using are the HSGI Taco's. They are not cheap but they come in Multi-cam and I can run one set of pouches on my belt that will fit multiple size rifle magazines; AR15, AR15-22, AK47. Their website indicates they will also fit HK, FAL, LR20, and M14 mags as well.

My 2cents
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bear, don't you have sources for surplus stuff?
View Quote

I do, but I've never been impressed with the current generation of USGI M16 magazine pouches (old school ALICE lover here). I don't mind the current pistol magazine pouches, but they only hold 1 mag apiece and I prefer a dual mag pouch with velcro securing the top flap (I like to use the single mag snap flap pouch to hold specialty ammo such as tracer or incendiary).

I think I'll go ahead and purchase some of the Condor pouches and try them out. As `Rizzo said above, they're not going to get constant rough treatment so they will probably work for my application. If I don't like them I'll just offload them at one of my fun shows.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
The stuff that looks like Cordura isn't, rapid abrasion occurs just from bouncing around in a vehicle every day.  Features are nice because they are ripped off from US designs.

The jackets are nice though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a condor IFAK and water bottle carrier that I don't use much and would say they are decent for the price. Condor has or will be coming out with an "elite" line that may be trying to compete with the higher quality products.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I voted yes as their gear has done the deed and never failed when needed to enhance or make better the GI issue when I was training or deployed. But I like TAG even better, so here's the link if you want a look: http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/packs-bags-pouches/mag-pouches.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I voted yes as their gear has done the deed and never failed when needed to enhance or make better the GI issue when I was training or deployed. But I like TAG even better, so here's the link if you want a look: http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/packs-bags-pouches/mag-pouches.html
View Quote

Where did you deploy?  I found that Condor gear is noticeably lacking in long-term material durability.  The USGI stuff wears better.  The Condor/VooDoo/UTG stuff has good features and looks good but I wouldn't recommend it for daily use under field conditions.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where did you deploy?  I found that Condor gear is noticeably lacking in long-term material durability.  The USGI stuff wears better.  The Condor/VooDoo/UTG stuff has good features and looks good but I wouldn't recommend it for daily use under field conditions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just realized I had a brain fart. It was Spec Ops stuff and Blackawk Strike.

The new sleep meds, it had put me into a whole new world
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Like many, I've had good results with some condor gear, and some sits in the gear bin.

Pricier, but I absolutely love the TYR mag pouches....they are soft but stiff at the same time, with a semi rigid plastic sewn into them.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/magazine-rifle/tyr-tactical-combat-adjustable-pouch/
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#13]
All my condor stuff has been just as good as my made in china 5.11 stuff.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Tactical Tailor has a bunch of stuff on sale this weekend. I'm partial to their fight light series of gear because it holds up fairly well and is inexpensive.

Condor? It's your funeral.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All my condor stuff has been just as good as my made in china 5.11 stuff.
View Quote

The 5.11 stuff isn't any better than the Condor gear in my experience.  Its marketed for cops to use twice a year at rifle module class and keep in the car the rest of the year.

Works fine for that kind of usage.

I did use some Condor stuff as an OPFOR Scout at NTC and then in Iraq.  I saw any "stretchy" elastic material wore out and became loose and baggy.  Velcro stopped velcoing.  I wore holes in cordura looking stuff, especially at the corners.  That said, I sometimes still use a pouch if it fits my purpose.  Its definitely not useless gear.

It would probably work fine for lighter duty applications.  I know the local cop shops sell the shit out of it and some of my cop buddies think Condor is a premium brand.  LOL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top