Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 2:58:12 PM EDT
I was thinking about driving up their this Saturday or Sunday and would appreciate any suggestions.  I'm open to just about any type of food.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I was up there we ate at the Prescott Brewing Company and it was a great.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Lonespur Cafe.

Don't plan on eating for the rest of the day though, you'll be that stuffed. Try to make it for breakfast
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Both of the above suggestions are solid.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Drop off your wife and kids to look at the tourist bullshit around the square, while you go to J&Gs and buy something.

Then go back to the square and meet up with the family for lunch at the Brewery.  Have two or three nice tall beers with lunch, get some fried artichoke hearts.  Make your wife drive home.

Thats how a Prescott day trip goes.  There are rules in place.

As an alternate...  drive up the backway through Congress.  Go home by I-17.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Prescott Brewing Company is always pretty solid for me when I'm downtown, Murphy's if I want to spend a bit/lot more money....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last time I was up there we ate at the Prescott Brewing Company and it was a great.
View Quote

Definitely one of the top picks for a non-steak dine in. Augies on 69 was also pretty damn good!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I like this place whenever I'm up there

Barbudos Cantina

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 For Lone Spur. If you eat breakfast I recommend the Cowboy Benidict.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Drop off your wife and kids to look at the tourist bullshit around the square, while you go to J&Gs and buy something.

Then go back to the square and meet up with the family for lunch at the Brewery.  Have two or three nice tall beers with lunch, get some fried artichoke hearts.  Make your wife drive home.

Thats how a Prescott day trip goes.  There are rules in place.

As an alternate...  drive up the backway through Congress.  Go home by I-17.
View Quote

WINNING!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Do this ^ but go to Bill's Trading Post on Whitespar instead. Only don't bring your credit card. Cash & checks only and don't cuss.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#11]

If it's breakfast time, it's Lone Spur or go home. Great B&G! And they do in fact seem to only have one portion size for everything: HUGE.

If it's lunch time, I always try and hit a Indian restaurant that's downtown (and for the life of me, I can't remember it's name right now ). They've got an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet (where else would a Bear go?) and they've always got Chicken Tikka Marsala --- my favorite! Great garlic nan bread as well. Nom nom nom...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do this ^ but go to Bill's Trading Post on Whitespar instead. Only don't bring your credit card. Cash & checks only and don't cuss.
View Quote
Bill ain't open on the weekends.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If it's breakfast time, it's Lone Spur or go home. Great B&G! And they do in fact seem to only have one portion size for everything: HUGE.

If it's lunch time, I always try and hit a Indian restaurant that's downtown (and for the life of me, I can't remember it's name right now ). They've got an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet (where else would a Bear go?) and they've always got Chicken Tikka Marsala --- my favorite! Great garlic nan bread as well. Nom nom nom...
View Quote

Taj mahal
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the suggestions.  Went to Prescott Brewing.  Good food, I had a few beers and made the sandwich maker drive home.  I had not been to Prescott and had partially forgotten what a nice town it was.  That place is like the America that used to be.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions.  Went to Prescott Brewing.  Good food, I had a few beers and made the sandwich maker drive home.  I had not been to Prescott and had partially forgotten what a nice town it was.  That place is like the America that used to be.
View Quote

Walking around the court house always gives me that Mayberry home town feeling from a bygone era.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top