Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 10:14:03 PM EDT
Charcoal tomcat, pretty sure it is feral. Will hang around my property taunting my cat. It's survived the coyotes too and has no collar so I'm pretty sure it's feral.

Tonight was the final straw when I left my garage door open (working on chainsaw, went inside to do something) and that fucking cat came in and attacked my cat.

Need pellet rifle suggestions
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
22lr through Savage FVSR with a can attached.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
CCI Quiet .22LR.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I clicked on this link expecting to be pissed off about someone wanting to shoot a random neighborhood kitty.  Your story paints a different picture.  Vegan and PETA approved.  Light that fucker up.

I bought a trap at Harbor Frieght and caught the most evil cat I have ever seen in my life that was acting very aggressively.  Humane Society put that evil bastard down with a quickness.  It took 5 of them to get him out of the trap and into their net so they could give him a much deserved lethal injection.

The trap is in my attic if anyone wants to borrow it.  Worked great.  I had him within 12 hours.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm considering a trap. I don't want to catch a neighborhood cat but I'm 90% sure this bastard is feral. I've seen one other, once, in my yard and not again. That one was scrawny and didn't have a collar. I've seen coyotes around here plenty but this particular tom must be wily when it comes to them. Yet, I can wake up and hear my cat trying to get that cat, both attacking the back glass door. I've shoo'd it off every time but now it's to the point of nuisance territory when it is ballsy enough to come into my garage and then into my home. He's lucky I'm in a neighborhood. I do have a suppressed 9mm with subsonic rounds, seemed a bit much but might be a good test of my Golddot 2 ammo.

I love cats This is a last resort, for sure.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Aguilla Super Colibri .22.  No can needed. Click, that's it. I understand they don't like them much. I have a bunch if you want to try some to see how they run.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CCI Quiet .22LR.
View Quote

My dad used this round to dispatch a feral cat when I lived in NorCal as a kid. One shot thru the eye, and he was out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Remind me next time you're down and I'll lend you one of my pellet rifles.
Just don't break it!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
No need to shoot it , get a trap/cage and bring it to animal control when you catch it . FYI you can not discharge a firearm in city limits.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No need to shoot it , get a trap/cage and bring it to animal control when you catch it . FYI you can not discharge a firearm in city limits.
View Quote

You're going to pay $100 to surrender a feral cat?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
22lr through Savage FVSR with a can attached.
View Quote

I agree,  darn things can shoot the eyeball out of rabbit at 50 yards and no one would even know.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're going to pay $100 to surrender a feral cat?

Crap, your'e halfway to the cost of a stamp right there
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Im not telling anyone what to do... but I have learned 22lr subsonic with a can works.... BB gun works..... and a baseball bat or choke net.... Yes, I said a baseball bat. Get it in a trap and either beat it to death or choke it out.  (pending on the trap, depends on which one you can do).

Another thing to do... Get it in the trap and take it out of city limits and light the fucker up with w/e you want. That is another route you can go.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't want to catch a neighborhood cat but I'm 90% sure this bastard is feral.
View Quote

So there's a 10% chance it's someone's cat.  You better make sure there's a 0% chance of that before you do anything drastic.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#15]
So there's a 10% chance it's someone's cat. You better make sure there's a 0% chance of that before you do anything drastic.
View Quote

Cat violated the sanctity of his home, and attacks his cat there.
If it were me, at that point it'd be 100% DGAF, it's a dead cat.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
So there's a 10% chance it's someone's cat. You better make sure there's a 0% chance of that before you do anything drastic.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:01:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Remind me next time you're down and I'll lend you one of my pellet rifles.
Just don't break it!
View Quote

Wouldn't dream of it lol
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:01:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

lololololo
Not in the city ;)
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:03:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So there's a 10% chance it's someone's cat.  You better make sure there's a 0% chance of that before you do anything drastic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't want to catch a neighborhood cat but I'm 90% sure this bastard is feral.

lol

This rat bastard cat came into my home. If it's on my property again, there is 0% chance of it living, regardless.

I don't have to make sure of anything.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:13:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

lol

This rat bastard cat came into my home. If it's on my property again, there is 0% chance of it living, regardless.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Please pull the G2 out afterwards, I seriously want to see how it performed
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

If I use my suppressed 9 on it, I'll be sure to pull it, I'm curious on the ballistics as well since I switched to Speer G2. I'll consider cutting it open to see the wound cavity as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If I use my suppressed 9 on it, I'll be sure to pull it, I'm curious on the ballistics as well since I switched to Speer G2. I'll consider cutting it open to see the wound cavity as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

I am liking this thread more now

I vote we take a poll on what suppressed round you should kill the cat with
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Do not deny us of the possibly the world's first Gold Dot G2 kill and the end results.

It's going to be science as well as pest removal to protect his kitty.

And hey OP, the rules bro, we need pics of this beloved kitty you're going to protect.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Apply the three S's because it could be chipped.

ETA - Super Colibri for the win, especially in a henry or pump
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Interested in results
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:05:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Interested in results
View Quote

Meh, knowing the way it goes, we'll sit around drinking beer and thinking up ways to kill the cat, only to never see it again.
What the heck, we still win by virtue of a BBQ and beer night.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Apply the three S's because it could be chipped.

ETA - Super Colibri for the win, especially in a henry or pump
View Quote

Don't worry, there's an ol injun burial ground nearby... aka the rez

I haven't seen it since. Might bait it one of these nights. I think my cat scared the shit out of that tom.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#28]

40mm

Bloop!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

40mm

Bloop!
View Quote
Hah, I was wondering where you've been.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

lololololo
Not in the city ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lololololo
Not in the city ;)

In that case , OPEN FIRE .
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

40mm

Bloop!

Busy, buddy. DHS closed my office in Kingman (they'ed been threatening to do so every 6 months for the past 2 years). I'm currently TDY in Bullhead City....going through a gazillion gallons of gas going back & forth. Grrrrrrrr.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:46:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Busy, buddy. DHS closed my office in Kingman (they'ed been threatening to do so every 6 months for the past 2 years). I'm currently TDY in Bullhead City....going through a gazillion gallons of gas going back & forth. Grrrrrrrr.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

40mm

Bloop!

I really wanted to give you a call on my way back from California and plan a meet for maybe a meal, but had to get back in a hurry to catch a plane due to my grandmother passing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top