Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2015 11:15:02 PM EDT
I moved out to San Diego a little over two years ago from Tucson for a job, but I've had enough of this state, so I'm headed back! Shooting for July 1st.

I'm looking at living in Mesa, but want some suggestions. I'll probably just rent a house for the first year. Any suggestions on areas to look at? Areas to avoid? Where are the good schools?

Also, I'm still looking at jobs. I have been out there a couple times recently and have made some good connections and promising leads, but I'm not one to bank on a couple leads and cross my fingers. I like redundancy. So, I figured I'd ask ARFCOM, see if you guys know of anything. My background is in automotive. I've worked in restoration shops, had my own hot rod shop shop in Tucson for a couple years, and, most recently, I'm working for an offroad race team. Where I'm at now, I'm working on a fleet of 6 race vehicles, two trophy trucks, three trophy spec, and a class 8, as the lead mechanic and fabricator.

Anyway, if you guys have some recommendations I'd really appreciate it, and I'm looking forward to hopefully making it out to a AZHTF shoot!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Going from Freedom to WTF, and then back to Freedom?

Has to be an ammo tax in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#2]
If you haven't yet, look around the Tempe/Chandler area as well. Not sure how far east you want to go but if you don't mind that direction, NE Mesa and Gilbert (SE) are mostly nice areas.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You're moving from San Diego to Phoenix on July 1st? You're doing it wrong.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Ammo tax can be reduced for free rides in race cars.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, that doesn't do anything for me, so I'm going with a reeducation tax of 2x's the normal amount.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Make it some 40mm grenade launcher training rounds and I'm bribed into helping you collect the tax.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Make it some 40mm grenade launcher training rounds and I'm bribed into helping you collect the tax.
View Quote
You haz a DD?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top