Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 3:51:25 PM EDT
I am moving back home to Tucson in June when my enlistment is up. I have significant combat, security and tactical medical experience. If any of you guys know of any possible employers I would really appreciate it. Thank you
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
G4S

If you want security work, I know they have several .gov contracts.....  should be plenty of work in and around the Tuc.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of G4's stuff is $10 security guard. I am looking for something more high speed and specialized
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I will get give it another shot. I failed the artificial language test last time
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not try Raytheon? Don't they have a pretty strong security presence?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:44:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you looked for DOE jobs here? I know Nevada has some DOE locations, they stay on site for a few months or whatever, then go home. If it pays good, gas wouldn't be an issue traveling between states.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Raytheon's site security jobs don't come up very often. They have one position available now, and I applied. I am more than qualified, but it is a waiting game.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you looked for DOE jobs here? I know Nevada has some DOE locations, they stay on site for a few months or whatever, then go home. If it pays good, gas wouldn't be an issue traveling between states.
View Quote

You are talking about the nuclear courier. You have live live in Amarillo Tx, TN, or NM. I thought long and hard about that job, and I still am. It is really tough on families. You are gone more than half the year. I will keep looking, trying, and most importantly, networking with you guys. I appreciate all of the advice and recommendations.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

...... I am looking for something more high speed and specialized
View Quote

Then you need to look in to working at the Nevada Test Site (sorry, I don't have any contacts).
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're willing to work for about $20/hour and you're willing to drive to Florence, some of the private prisons there are a good bet. It's not exactly high speed, but the pay is okay and they recruit former military pretty heavily.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Department of three air force police.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#12]
If I learned anything when I got out it was this: Your experience and education don't matter to most security companies. It's a warm-body type job (even the high risk positions).

As background: I'm a Veteran, Bachelors Degree in CJ, 2 Associates Degrees as well, 8 years security experience, expert marksman qualified, blah blah blah. $12/hr was the best anyone would do.

Do yourself a favor and look at overseas contracting if you REALLY want to stay in your "field". I got the hell out because nobody wants to pay guys what they are worth. Ever. I'm more than happy flying helicopters now ;)
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I learned anything when I got out it was this: Your experience and education don't matter to most security companies. It's a warm-body type job (even the high risk positions).

As background: I'm a Veteran, Bachelors Degree in CJ, 2 Associates Degrees as well, 8 years security experience, expert marksman qualified, blah blah blah. $12/hr was the best anyone would do.

Do yourself a favor and look at overseas contracting if you REALLY want to stay in your "field". I got the hell out because nobody wants to pay guys what they are worth. Ever. I'm more than happy flying helicopters now ;)
View Quote

That is what I was thinking. I do want to do overseas contracting, but I have to get a few certs in order first
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is what I was thinking. I do want to do overseas contracting, but I have to get a few certs in order first
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought you didn't want something hard on the family?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#15]
You need to find yourself a contract on a federal Government contract state side that pays on the service contract act. They'll have unarmed and armed rates based on your county. They call it guard I and guard II. This will mandate the pay rates. In some areas, armed guards are paid about 20 an hour plus benefit reimbursement packages worth about 4 an hour. Typically called health and welfare.

Here in Arizona that would be force protection on bases, hydro electric facilities, DOE sites, nukes to name a few. They don't have a lot of turn over, but they have to play contract games typically every five years. So you're sweating your position for a year leading up to contract time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Raytheon cut most of its internal security force and went the rent a cop route.  Some of them even have most of their teeth.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What certs do you think you need for overseas contracting?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#18]
OP, if you want a line on a contracting job at Bagram then shoot me a PM with your email address. It's nothing sexy at all, most likely babysitting TCNs while they do force pro on a DoD contract.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP, if you want a line on a contracting job at Bagram then shoot me a PM with your email address. It's nothing sexy at all, most likely babysitting TCNs while they do force pro on a DoD contract.
View Quote
Bagram?

Fobbit life, Disney green beening
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bagram?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bagram?

That green beans MOAC though....
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I have found anything Raytheon related to be less fun than dental surgery.  In general.  I'm just sayin'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top