Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You take a pink jeep tour when you own a taco, and you'll be ostricized by the toyo community...

I've take my stock taco down Broken Arrow (Sedonna, AZ and on the way and worth the trip) and all over the north rim, you don't need any tour on the North Rim, and anywhere they can drive, so can you.

Did I mention you need to drive out to Point Sublime (Google and click images) on the north rim, nothing better...and you can camp there too!

I saw your route map, that looks more like South Rim than North as a destination on your way to NV.

If you do go to the North Rim, there are some established campgrounds for the RV'rs, they have water and dump stations that are open to the public. You don't have to pay for the water either.

Did I mention you should go to Kaibab (north rim)? It's where the Bison roam too (google and click images). Saw them twice driving in near Jacobs lake on different trips.

And, you can shoot all you want in Kaibab since it is National Forrest Land.

Anyway, enjoy and share the results with us.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you decide to venture a bit further south near Show Low, I have some property you're more than welcome to camp on. BTW, RT 60 is a more scenic drive than RT 40 across New Mexico. On RT 60 you will see the VLA where "Contact" an other movies were filmed.
ETA -- Tuba City....meh.
View Quote

I greatly appreciate the offer, and we'll be staying one night in Holbrook @ the KOA after visiting the petrified forest national park, but I have sites booked for the first 10 days. Most of the camping is just to facilitate getting back on the road and to the next destination in a timely manner, although we're spending a day @ Foss State Park in OK and hoping to see the buffalo.

And yeah, Tuba City. Mrs. DJ is all in for all kinds of dumb touristy stuff.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You take a pink jeep tour when you own a taco, and you'll be ostricized by the toyo community...

I've take my stock taco down Broken Arrow (Sedonna, AZ and on the way and worth the trip) and all over the north rim, you don't need any tour on the North Rim, and anywhere they can drive, so can you.

Did I mention you need to drive out to Point Sublime (Google and click images) on the north rim, nothing better...and you can camp there too!

I saw your route map, that looks more like South Rim than North as a destination on your way to NV.

If you do go to the North Rim, there are some established campgrounds for the RV'rs, they have water and dump stations that are open to the public. You don't have to pay for the water either.

Did I mention you should go to Kaibab (north rim)? It's where the Bison roam too (google and click images). Saw them twice driving in near Jacobs lake on different trips.

And, you can shoot all you want in Kaibab since it is National Forrest Land.

Anyway, enjoy and share the results with us.
View Quote

Lol, I was just worried about missing something good, but I think we'll be fine  

It's definitely a South Rim trip. We'll do the North Rim on another trip and go further north. I don't want to do this annually, but I do want the kids to see the country while they're young enough to be interested in this stuff.

No shooting this trip. The fun toys are too complicated to travel with easily.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like you got a GREAT trip lined up now!!!

Drive safe and have an awesome trip.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks like you got a GREAT trip lined up now!!!

Drive safe and have an awesome trip.
View Quote

Thanks - I greatly appreciate everyone's help!  Revised route below.

GC area

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Tuba City Dino Tracks is at the most, maybe an hour to hour and a half stop.  Its nothing but a little walking tour.  The real good stuff, like the human tracks next to dino tracks is not accessable to the general public.  There are other places to see like News paper rock, I would not recommend Tuba as a destination stop.  Unless you can find a local guide to show  you around.  

Now for Gunz.

1) Ask five Nation Nation Police Officers about guns,  You Will get five different answers.    From the Navajo Nation follows AZ state gun laws to Guns are illegal.
2) Navajo Nation does recognize AZ CCW licenses.  Concealed Means Concealed.  NO OPEN CARRY.
3) NO Open Carrying or Concealed Carry of Guns on the Hopi Reservation.  At US 160 and St. Rte 264 on the south side of the road is the Hopi Tuuvi center.  They will call the police on you even if you legally conceal and accidentally print.  Put your guns in the trunk or properly stowed while on Hopi land.

Navajo Nation Gun Laws as of 2008

17-320  Unlawful Carrying of a Deadly Weapon
17-321  Unlawful use of a Weapon
17-322  Unlawful Sale, Possesion or Transportation of Explosives.
17-323  Dangerous use of Explosives
17-324  Negligent use of Explosives
17-325  Forfeiture of Weapons and Explosives

The key word is the Unlawful part.  That is where the AZ CCW gets you out of trouble.
So if there is no Navajo Nation Law for it, then they follow AZ state law for it.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the heads up.  Whenever we aren't 100% clear, I'll stow my weapon in my truck vault.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top