Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:17:09 PM EDT
Email lastnight from AZCDL:

The Attack Has Begun The first salvo in the attack on your right to keep and bear arms in Arizona is a pair of bills, HB 2118 and HCR 2009, filed by Representative Randall Friese. The language in both bills is identical, however HCR 2009 is a proposed ballot measure for the next general election.

HB 2118 and HCR 2009 would criminalize the private transfer of firearms by requiring all private transfers to be conducted through a federally licensed firearms dealer (FFL). Failure to do so would be a Class 5 Felony.

Under the proposed law, if you wish to sell or transfer a firearm, you would first need to surrender your firearm to an FFL who would treat the firearm as if it was an item in their inventory, entering all the information on it, and YOU, into his records. A federal background (NICS) check would be required for the transferee (buyer) to receive your firearm. If that background check failed, you as the transferor (seller) would be required to undergo a NICS background check to get YOUR gun back. If there was a problem with your background check, the dealer would be required to confiscate your firearm and surrender it to a law enforcement agency.

It’s laughable to believe that criminals typically use gun dealers to buy and sell guns. The target for this law is YOU, the law-abiding gun owner. And, in order for this proposed law to be enforceable, the obvious next step would be the establishment of a statewide database of all Arizona gun owners and the firearms they (you!) own. Don’t be fooled. The unstated goal of bills like HB 2118 and HCR 2009 is to ultimately disarm you. Rep. Friese can be contacted at (602) 926-3138 or [email protected] if you would like to share your thoughts on these bills.

A list of these and other bills that AzCDL is monitoring can be found at our Bill Tracking page.   It is updated daily throughout the legislative session.

In other news, ex-Mayor Bloomberg is funding the Phoenix based Dart Center to begin a disinformation campaign in Arizona. The Dart Center is conducting a two day workshop for journalists on April 17 & 18 on how to “correctly” report on guns and “gun violence.” Back in our grandparents’ days, this tactic was known as Yellow Journalism.

Bloomberg and his puppets are running a well-crafted and heavily funded campaign to ultimately disarm you using the ruse of “Expanded Background Checks.” Barring cooperation from Arizona’s pro-rights leaning Legislature, the entry point will come via Arizona’s constitutionally established “citizen initiative” process, where anyone with enough money can get any measure on the ballot subject to popular vote.

In the state of Washington last year, Bloomberg was successful in accomplishing Gun Owner Registration via ballot measure I-594. In Nevada, enough petition signatures have been obtained for a ballot measure in that state. We will soon be facing the same threat here in Arizona. Spread the word. Tell your friends. Join AzCDL. Renew your membership. Together we can win this!

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all-volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization. AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom .

--
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering how long it would take for this jerk to start his crap, and now I know.

Link to text of bill here

Thanks to AZCDL
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
fuck that shit.  not gonna happen.  even the dems in all but safe districts know not to fuck with our guns here. If they forgot they are about to find out why again.    Don't think this will make it as a ballot measure either without support of local law makers.   A few douchebags isn't going to cut it..   That being said do what you can to combat this shit when needed.  Dont be the cowards that lets neighbors friends and coworkers spread anti gun horse shit.    Take them on and destroy them.   You may not win them over but the other people within earshot will be listening.  They are the ones you need to convince. No better way to do it then to send a fucking retarded liberal into a mouth frothing hissy fit of nonsense while you stay calm and lay the smack down.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing to do with background checks, it is plain and simply backdoor gun registration via a redefinition of the word transfer. I don't know about the "no way this can happen here", it may be a long shot on bloomberg's part but look at what happened in Colorado, and that coward hickenlooper got re-elected despite everyone screaming "you're gone"; smells like voter fraud to me because you know all the hippies were too high to vote.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
On the way to be just like Washington State...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I've really racked my brain about these assholes. I live in Tempe, so I figure I have an above average chance of running into some of these shitbirds looking for signatures. I've though, if they set up at a frys, I'll harrass them with a bullhorn, I'll stay and yell at them, I'll spill coke all over their table, anything to harrass them, but this is what they want, to make gun owners look like crazy nut jobs. So, I figure the best thing we can do is join up (or renew) the AZCDL, NRA (although, I'm not entirely sure they did anything to stop this shit in WA state), write our lawmakers, let them know we are watching and waiting to vote, be respectful and honorable to everyone, project a continuing presence through all this lying bullshit. Fight with facts, logic and honor, that's how we win, that's how we take the fight to them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

fuck that shit.  not gonna happen.  even the dems in all but safe districts know not to fuck with our guns here. If they forgot they are about to find out why again.    Don't think this will make it as a ballot measure either without support of local law makers.   A few douchebags isn't going to cut it..   That being said do what you can to combat this shit when needed.  Dont be the cowards that lets neighbors friends and coworkers spread anti gun horse shit.    Take them on and destroy them.   You may not win them over but the other people within earshot will be listening.  They are the ones you need to convince. No better way to do it then to send a fucking retarded liberal into a mouth frothing hissy fit of nonsense while you stay calm and lay the smack down.  
View Quote
This will happen Because of Un-informed voters.  And there are more un-informed than INFORMED VOters.  You need to buy a bunch of TV spots on local channels to inform the uninformed.  So how much money do you have ?   Yeah I know not enough, and I don't have enough.  Get more people to join the AZCDL and hopefully we can gather enough $ to make this work !

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I certainly hope azcdl has a plan here.  Ill up my funding a bit to help out
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#8]
If we are going to be effective against this bill and subsequent ballot initiative, we need to start an information campaign (or AZCDL with our backing and the average Joe backing it) instead of trying to submit a counter prop like they did in Washington.

I don't think this will gain the attention that the gun grabbers hope for, but we can't just sit back and wait. If we need to march and rally I'm in! I've done it before and I'll do it again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If we are going to be effective against this bill and subsequent ballot initiative, we need to start an information campaign (or AZCDL with our backing and the average Joe backing it) instead of trying to submit a counter prop like they did in Washington.

I don't think this will gain the attention that the gun grabbers hope for, but we can't just sit back and wait. If we need to march and rally I'm in! I've done it before and I'll do it again.
View Quote
Well I think the AZCDL would like to get 20k members in the next 6 months to help with TV advertisements.  I know they are planning to run some (When Bloomberg starts), The question is how many can they do ?  

I plan on buying memberships this year for every gunner guy that I know that doesnot have one.  Yes its going to hurt my budget, but, Because talking to them is like (It can't happen here !) and that is the problem !  

Remember this can help !

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I just did a AZCDL life membership due to this.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Im a little late for this thread, but thanks for this information.  When my family is caught up financially I will be joining.  We have got to keep our AZ freedoms from being destroyed by billionaire carpet bagging commies.  Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I would like some help with sending a letter to my representative: Tim Dial. Here is what I have so far:

Honorable Mr. Dial,

My name is benw8887, I am 37 years old, and I live in the city of Tempe, AZ. I am writing you today with a grave concern sir. Our friends on the left side of the isle are obsessed with guns and gun owners, ignoring the social problems that cause crime in the first place. They have introduced no bills to help those with mental health issues, they have done nothing to improve the lives of those who live below the poverty line and they see governmental intervention as the answer to society’s problems, well sir, I disagree with this premise. The above bills referenced in the subject line, represent a sinister plan from those who seek to push government involvement into every facet of our lives and restrict the freedom we enjoy here in Arizona. This is a push by East Coast and European liberal progressives to strip the 2nd amendment rights from freedom loving Arizonians. If these bills are passed, I’m afraid it will only be the beginning of more governmental intrusion, and who's to say where they stop? These bills, HB 2118, HCR 2009 and HB 2371, amount to backdoor gun registration and are a threat to, passing on the tradition of hunting and the shooting sports to our children. These bills threaten the freedom of legal, law abiding gun owners. Criminals are not known for their use of Federally Licensed Firearms dealers to purchase their firearms, hence these bills would do nothing to solve crime in our state. I am asking you to vote against these bills sir. I thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. I leave you with a quote from one of our founding fathers:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”  
                                                                                                                               -Benjamin Franklin

Respectfully,
                                                                                                      benw8887

Any thoughts or critiques? I've never been to great with putting my thoughts on paper. (it may be to early, as these bills are not even to a committee yet)
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:33:30 AM EDT
[#13]
What needs to happen is to figure out SOME way to disable their effort and run these traitor commie piece of shit outsider fucksticks out of our state.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What needs to happen is to figure out SOME way to disable their effort and run these traitor commie piece of shit outsider fucksticks out of our state.
View Quote
Its going to be pretty easy to do (Not Really).  I figure that the Bloomberg drones will be in front of many grocery stores looking for Signatures.  They will also be in front of every Post office, looking for Sig's.  Between Grocery stores + PO's they will get what they need.  We need to attack them there !!!!  Remember they are being paid by the sig that they get.  If you deny them, they will move on.  Tell them that Bad guys don't buy guns at Gun store, nor do they buy them from Legal sellers.  They buy them off of the Street, and all them have been stolen. Even if you need to take a 1/2 day off of work, Hassel them Tell everybody that is walking in, how bad it is.  Try to make them move and hopefully they won't come back.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top