BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know of any good video converters and video editing software I can download?

These files are in a .264 format and Ive tried half a dozen different ones and every one of them wont work to convert the videos.
View Quote

Sorry to hear about the break-in.  I'm near 35th Ave and Pinnacle Peak, and worry about this happening.  I work from home and don't answer the door, so things could get exciting if someone were to break in to my house.

I use Total Video Converter Pro by eTinysoft (www.eTinysoft.com).  Excellent and easy to use - many video input and output formats to choose from.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone knocked on my door 30 minutes ago.

I had my AR ready to blast the fool.

Wait, no I didn't. I answered and it was a guy trying to sell $8k water softening systems
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One thing Im wondering about is my American Flag in the front of the house. One of my friends said that just having that flag outside screams I have guns.
View Quote

I don't have gun bumper stickers or decals on car windows, nothing about my house says guns, and I am very particular about how I load and unload my firearms for training and range trips. That said, I fly an American flag 24/7, and I have wondered if that's a sign that I have guns. I'm not taking it down, but I have wondered about the message it sends regarding firearms.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Wonder if these are the same guys?  Sounds like a similar M.O. and they thought the cameras were off because they cut the power.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/27396590/firearms-stolen-from-southeast-tucson-home-in-burglary-incident
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm spreading this like wildfire, really hope these assholes get busted.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is the video. I put it together the best I could.

Security Video
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Your nieghbors where really watching out for you.  Several of them drove by not paying attention to guys quickly loading a bunch of guns into a car
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Security Video
View Quote

Shared on my FB, helping spread the word. GL OP
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Security Video

Same here, and onto the arf Facebook group too so they can help pass the word.

Fucking neighbors saw that and kept on driving by, wtf.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for your loss bro.  From the looks of the perps, they're probably gang bangers.  I hope your guns haven't crossed the border heading south west.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:51:35 AM EDT
[#11]
sorry for your loss on this, that sucks!  

I just posed it on my FB page.

I need that camera set up!

Best of luck OP!
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Posted it on the Independence Training Facebook page. As of this morning there were 30,784 people reached, and 333 shares.

With all of us spreading this around, these assholes will hopefully get found and punished. Let's pray they resist arrest.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I just got off of the phone with Glendale PD. The detective stated that he cant assign it to a working detective yet. Said that he has to wait until they get some kind of solid evidence on exactly who it was. He said I either needed someone to actually ID them or I needed a plate before he can put it into an "active" case. Im going to get the video, pics and other info to them this evening. He also said that it couldnt even take months before the fingerprints come back. And even then if the print was damn near perfect, he cant run it through the system.

Ive also had a few people email me with information in regards to other break ins matching the same description. One person told me that they knew of some people that got broken into that lived side by side during the middle of the day and they specifically targeted them for their firearms. Supposedly they were also of hispanic decent and drove a black BMW of some type. So Im trying to get some other info on it and maybe try to get in touch with them.

Ive also had a few other tips with some info that Im currently researching, so hopefully something comes out of that.

One of my neighbors also got some video footage of them driving up and down the street, but you cant get a plate off of the car. Im pretty damn sure it is a 2012 black BMW 5 series. And they might have a white colored plate. Its hard to tell from the pics. Ill get those posted here pretty soon.

Again, thank you everyone for getting the word out and for the help. It really is appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#14]
You might join nextdoor.com and post it there. it's a neighborhood specific message board that is pretty good for shit like this.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well I just got off of the phone with Glendale PD. The detective stated that he cant assign it to a working detective yet. Said that he has to wait until they get some kind of solid evidence on exactly who it was. He said I either needed someone to actually ID them or I needed a plate before he can put it into an "active" case. Im going to get the video, pics and other info to them this evening. He also said that it couldnt even take months before the fingerprints come back. And even then if the print was damn near perfect, he cant run it through the system.

Ive also had a few people email me with information in regards to other break ins matching the same description. One person told me that they knew of some people that got broken into that lived side by side during the middle of the day and they specifically targeted them for their firearms. Supposedly they were also of hispanic decent and drove a black BMW of some type. So Im trying to get some other info on it and maybe try to get in touch with them.

Ive also had a few other tips with some info that Im currently researching, so hopefully something comes out of that.

One of my neighbors also got some video footage of them driving up and down the street, but you cant get a plate off of the car. Im pretty damn sure it is a 2012 black BMW 5 series. And they might have a white colored plate. Its hard to tell from the pics. Ill get those posted here pretty soon.

Again, thank you everyone for getting the word out and for the help. It really is appreciated.
View Quote

Time to call the 3 on Your Side type news deal.  Police tell you they can't help you with video like that?  The news should know about it....
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Time to call the 3 on Your Side type news deal.  Police tell you they can't help you with video like that?  The news should know about it....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely agree.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Wtf.   Thars shitty from the police end.  Offer up a cash reward and givw the video to the news stations.   I bet they would put it on air since you have clear video.  You might also  spend thirty minutes a day doing  a grid search of your area. Hit a few neighborhoods per day untill you have checked a mile or two from around you home.   Find the bmw.  There is a good chance they live nearby
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a fucked up response. What's the point of a "detective" if the case doesn't get to one unless you know who it was?

Watching that video makes me sick, sorry OP, hope you get your shit back.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I completely agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely agree.

It would be nice if you can their faces plastered up, that may help with IDing them.  The OP contacting the news may get it done, the cops contacting the news? Probably not going to happen.
Really beyond that I don't know what you guys expect the police to do? Photos/videos are a needle in a football field of hay in such a large population center. I'm sure the PD have sent the photos to the local fusion center, if a cop recognizes them they may get a lead that way. That's assuming a cop who knows them bothered to read the stuff that day.   The prints? Only truly helpful if you ID them; I know the state crime lab here is over a year out for a burglary case, and unless they've been printed before there is nothing to match them against. That's assuming the prints that were taken when they were booked somewhere were actually loaded into a state wide system.
The detective who he talked to is right, without a plate or an ID on the people they have nothing to go on. The guns help if they OP had a serial number list and these guys are dumb enough to pawn/sell them.

A murder is easier to solve then a burglary case a lot of times.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#20]
So basically the cops are saying they want you to do all the work?
That is complete BS.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So basically the cops are saying they want you to do all the work?
That is complete BS.
View Quote

Sounds to me like they were honest, without some ID on the suspects(vehicle or person) they have shit all to go on. Maybe the officer he talked to is lazy and hasn't bothered to run the photos by anyone or to try and figure out who they are; but the idea that they can solve a burglary with no idea of who the suspects are? The property taken without an serial number will be hard to find. Assuming it doesn't just end up getting sold to other criminals.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#22]
The clearance rate for burglary is below 20% at most departments. IIRC, the national average is around 12%.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's a fucked up response. What's the point of a "detective" if the case doesn't get to one unless you know who it was?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

As a tax payer this should be unacceptable.  Escalate the call to a SGT, LT, or even the Chief.  Call the ATF.  It really burns me that the ATF is investigating people in our state who buy a certain amount of rifles in the same month and they do not get involved with a firearms theft like this.  They need to get involved.  I know when a LGS got robbed there were 9 ATF agents helping the local law.  The case was solved within the week and most of the firearms were recovered.  There should not be a difference with a crime investigation between a gun store and a residence.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Man!  I am so pissed off about this right now.

The guy who knocked on the door and the guy who broke in did not have gloves on during those times.  However, once leaving with the goods it looks like all three have gloves on.  Hopefully, the PD got good prints.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Got your video posted up on another Arizona gun forum that had a thread going about your burglary,  Hope it helps. One thing about it you do have excellent video quality to work from.

BTW- I feel your pain as I went through a burglary of my house. I got hit the same time of year (Dec 7th) 4 years ago and lost guns, jewelry, etc. It was especially troubling for my wife with having some street thugs violating her space and going through her things. It really does give you a creepy feeling when someone's trashed your house.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#26]
the backpage posting is making the rounds on FB
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
the backpage posting is making the rounds on FB
View Quote

It sure is, over 60k views on my end. Add to that to what everyone else is doing and a lot of people are seeing this story. Hopefully someone recognizes these guys and turns them in, since it doesn't look the local cops are going to be able to do much.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know if he has done it yet but my gramps lives in that neighborhood and Itold him to take the gadsden flag off his truck just in case.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I just saw this story on 3TV news at 5:00pm.  Its was like the 2nd story of the newscast and they showed alot of the video.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#31]
25 rounds of ammo - that's it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
25 rounds of ammo - that's it?
View Quote

Actual video report said 2500.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#33]
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-west-valley/glendale/security-camera-catches-crooks-stealing-from-glendale-home
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Added more pics of the car to my original post. Its from my neighbors camera system. We were trying to get a plate but couldnt see one.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Hopefully something will come about soon.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Damn this pisses me off. If you need a loaner OP, let me know.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:03:03 AM EDT
[#36]
I wish our police forces were more proactive and made an appearance of trying to thwart and or solve crimes.  Most of the time cops will tell you how stupid criminals are and they seem to be content to sit back and wait for the bad guys to fall in their lap.  That said anyone remember the guys that ripped off the gunsmith at rio?  They caught them when one of the guys shot himself in the hand and had the gun on him when he went to the hospital.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:03:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Lead story on Fox10 tonight.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:12:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I see a detective getting interested in your report now that the news is involved.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:40:18 AM EDT
[#39]
That looks like a 2004-2010. 5 series

I hope you get your guns back, damn scumbags
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:59:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks like Arizona plates on it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:12:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lead story on Fox10 tonight.
View Quote

On their front web page too!
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:28:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I see a detective getting interested in your report now that the news is involved.
View Quote

A detective from Glendale actually came over today and grabbed the video and he took more prints off of some glass in the back. He was very nice and explained what was going on and what was taking so long. Im pretty sure the news lady fired him up.

The problem was that I was calling in the morning and evening every single day asking if a detective had been assigned so I could get more info to them. Every day they told me the same thing. Nobody has been assigned and it could take a week or two before someone does. I also gave the guy on the phone today a possible plate and he told me that there really wasnt much he could do if I didnt have a state to go with the plate.

Im not going to talk bad about them. Im sure that they get tons of these calls and tons of people calling and bitching about what they are or arent doing. So Im sure they have to weed through stuff and pick and choose. Im sure its a stressful and tough job. But they are actively working on some things now. The detective that stopped by here said that he was personally going to drop the prints off to see if there were any matches.

I guess their PR person isnt very happy because I posted the video before waiting for them to get a chance to see it. I couldnt just sit here and wait though. Even if they had just come in and stole TVs or whatever. I would still be doing the exact same thing Im doing now. People like this need to be pulled off of the street so they dont do this to anyone else. I have a 5 year old girl that wont even go to the bathroom by herself in the house any more.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely, what that cop said is utter bullshit.

Call a news channel.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Glad to see it got on the evening and morning news.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Did they do finger prints? That one guy (white shirt)  touched your house and window frame a few times in the video.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I just had it come up two times on my FB feed posted by a buddy and a chick who is friends with my wife. WOW that is great exposure.

Good luck catching the bastards.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Heard this on the KFYI news this AM as well.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A detective from Glendale actually came over today and grabbed the video and he took more prints off of some glass in the back. He was very nice and explained what was going on and what was taking so long. Im pretty sure the news lady fired him up.

The problem was that I was calling in the morning and evening every single day asking if a detective had been assigned so I could get more info to them. Every day they told me the same thing. Nobody has been assigned and it could take a week or two before someone does. I also gave the guy on the phone today a possible plate and he told me that there really wasnt much he could do if I didnt have a state to go with the plate.

Im not going to talk bad about them. Im sure that they get tons of these calls and tons of people calling and bitching about what they are or arent doing. So Im sure they have to weed through stuff and pick and choose. Im sure its a stressful and tough job. But they are actively working on some things now. The detective that stopped by here said that he was personally going to drop the prints off to see if there were any matches.

I guess their PR person isnt very happy because I posted the video before waiting for them to get a chance to see it. I couldnt just sit here and wait though. Even if they had just come in and stole TVs or whatever. I would still be doing the exact same thing Im doing now. People like this need to be pulled off of the street so they dont do this to anyone else. I have a 5 year old girl that wont even go to the bathroom by herself in the house any more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MRHUNTER602, have you had a chance to figure out the model number of your camera system?  I'm really considering getting cameras for a house. Thank you
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow I just got from a week in the woods and saw this posting. Really sorry to hear about the incident. Really hope they catch those guys. If I can help in anyway let me know know! People like that are not needed on this planet.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about Glendale, or about detectives, but normally if you call Dispatch with a partial plate they will work that like a dog on a bone with any open time they have, they love doing stuff that  gives them a chance to directly participate.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top