Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 10:18:09 PM EDT
I am very lucky this spring! I got a Goulds Turkey tag in 35A, Archery Bear in 23N, and Javalina 23

I AM FREAKinG STOKED FOR THE GOULDS TURKEY HUNT!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
23 ham !
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Javelina, Unit 33. Back to my honey hole......

Now I've got to snag a black Friday Aimpoint for my new upper for the brushy stuff. Damn the luck!  
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now I've got to snag a black Friday Aimpoint for my new upper for the brushy stuff. Damn the luck!  
View Quote
Click this link to the BF thread in GD. $353 shipped Aimpoint Pro
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:44:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks GSL, I saw that and hope I can get in before they're gone. Payday isn't until Friday and Oct, Nov, Dec are my three tightest months due to other things. Happened last year too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:08:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didn't put in for any spring draw hunts but I'm thinking of picking up a couple of left over javelina tags and maybe a left over turkey tag so I have something to hunt once spring semester classes end.  Can anyone tell me anything about hunting turkey in 12A,13A, or 13B?  Those units are way outside of my normal stomping grounds.

What area do you like for javelina in Unit 33?  I was thinking about trying for a left over tag in 36A and either 32 or 33.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I didn't put in for any spring draw hunts but I'm thinking of picking up a couple of left over javelina tags and maybe a left over turkey tag so I have something to hunt once spring semester classes end.  Can anyone tell me anything about hunting turkey in 12A,13A, or 13B?  Those units are way outside of my normal stomping grounds.

Quoted:

What area do you like for javelina in Unit 33?  I was thinking about trying for a left over tag in 36A and either 32 or 33.

You in Tucson? Going to 12A, 12B, or 13B for a turkey is quit something! ha, unless its a rio grand. I honestly have never seen birds up there. Primarily cause I can never get a deer tag up there so I stay down here. But if you email or call the WM up there, he or she could probably give you some pointers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:16:12 AM EDT
[#7]
The San Pedro River valley from Cascabel to San Manuel has pockets of pigs everywhere. Stay within a mile or so of the river. Pigs typically range in a 1 to 1-1/2 square mile area all along there. Once you find the center of their range your golden. There are pigs higher up in the Rincon's too accessible through Happy Valley. We always referred to them as mountain pigs and you have to climb for them. Access to the Rincon's by vehicle from the river is very, very limited.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks GSL, I saw that and hope I can get in before they're gone. Payday isn't until Friday and Oct, Nov, Dec are my three tightest months due to other things. Happened last year too.
View Quote
If that's what I think it is in your avatar, you can thank me by bringing it to the Freeze Fest in FEB
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:41:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#10]
If that's what I think it is in your avatar, you can thank me by bringing it to the Freeze Fest in FEB
View Quote

It is what you think it is.  AMSD Nemesis .50 BMG. Unfortunately it isn't mine but I did get to put around 300 rds through it. Some of my friends from the UK started a military arms/ammo export business and got in with the Swiss maker of this fine gun and got sole distribution rights in Europe. This picture was taken at the range day for SHOT Show 2008 where I went up to help them demonstrate it. That model was $12K, w/ out the Nightforce scope.

Unfortunately the maker was an OCD, meticulously anal craftsman/ watchmaker that refused to compromise to build guns faster and they broke off from him. Too bad, great rifle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#11]
C_Chaos,

Hunt south off the Reddington Rd from Reddington towards Tucson. Stay within a mile west or so of the river, no farther away. Get on the ridges and move slowly along the tops watching the sunny slopes midway to the bottom. Find the lechugilla patches on the slopes. That's "javelina ice cream"
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Unit 10 / 18A Javelina HAM hunt in Feb.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Unit 10 / 18A Javelina HAM hunt in Feb.
View Quote

I've seen them in 18A.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I will be out in 36B for archery deer & javi Dec/Jan & in Feb for rifle Javi. Good luck to everyone on their hunt. Be safe out there!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Unit 17A&B for javelina.  Should be fun.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I will be out in 36B for archery deer & javi Dec/Jan & in Feb for rifle Javi. Good luck to everyone on their hunt. Be safe out there!
View Quote

Nice! Good luck on the deer! I will be doing a Archery deer after my Elk hunt in Dec. Hopefully Coues in Dec and then in Jan I have some monster desert Muleys I been watching since Jan 2014 I wanna go get.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#17]
At pistols are legal for a ham hunt right?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
At pistols are legal for a ham hunt right?
View Quote

I am guessing you are meaning AR pistols? I am going to say yes, but I would double check the regs and maybe call the office and ask. I always thought it would be cool to use one for a HAM hunt.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#19]
It used to be any centerfire pistol was good to go regardless of semi-auto, revolver, or single shot. I can't imagine it being any different for an AR but check the reg's anyway.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I've got a form 1 suppressor lined up Imay use them together on the ham hunt . Will do more checking tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nice! Good luck on the deer! I will be doing a Archery deer after my Elk hunt in Dec. Hopefully Coues in Dec and then in Jan I have some monster desert Muleys I been watching since Jan 2014 I wanna go get.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best of luck to you as well on your hunt(s). If you tag out, post some pics!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#22]
G&F says if ATF calls it a pistol that is good enough for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top