Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2014 2:05:58 PM EDT
I want to go on one with my wife, but have no experience with such things. Wondering what the best company would be to go with in the Phx area.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the one that won't dump you into a power line.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
no no no no no....hell no.
Major fear of heights and lack of trust n others to build shit right...hell fuckin no.
Good luck if you go for it
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Major fear of heights and lack of trust n others to build shit right...hell fuckin no.
View Quote
I had my fear of heights too and then on my first C-141 trip and on my first jump I had chickened out until I had gotten the "push" out the door.

You learn to get over it eventually.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done one in Tucson. It was ok. this was about 7-8 years ago.

I thought it was a private ride around the area, it wasn't. There were 4 other couples total crammed into the basket with us.

The day we went it was hotter than usual plus the heat from the burner made it uncomfortable at times.

The ride lasted maybe 30 minutes, but you can see quite a ways when you're up, so that was cool.

We didn't travel very far either, just around this farm field on the west side of Tucson. Our 'tour guide' didn't say much either.

Up/down- done.

If you do go, I'd ask the following to start:

How far will you travel?

Private or Group?

Length of the ride?

Just my experience. YMMV
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Been on quite a few, they don't seem to last long enough on the scenic ones. Jumped out of a bunch of them as well. Had one local company give me a free ride if I would jump for the other passengers. I would usually jump between 500-1000 feet and yes I was wearing a parachute. All the companies are regulated and safe but other than Eloy I doubt you will get to see someone jump out.

Try this one.

http://www.hotairexpeditions.com/
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The only thing I did not like was the noise from the burner.
I wish I had taken some ear plugs, other than that it was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Targets of opportunity for Bears with tracer....
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen to this.... I am NOT trusting a flame under a nylon dome attached to a wicker basket. Just not right.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Targets of opportunity for Bears with tracer....
View Quote

Having a flashback to WWI ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top