Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 10:32:16 PM EDT
I'm sure some of you have seen my thread in General asking for help with PoF and OKCupid. I was just wondering what are some bars, clubs, etc, that people here recommend I go to for meeting women, and taking them home?

I live in the peoria area.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Anywhere outside of Peoria
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anywhere outside of Peoria
View Quote
Care to be more specific? And what exactly is wrong with Peoria?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You are probably really really gonna hate this answer, but in my experience bars and clubs a terrible place if you are looking for something serious (great for one night stands and then penicillin).
Believe it or not, non-denominational church outings are a great place.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Westgate on a Friday or Saturday night. McFadden's used to get pretty crazy. Toby Keith's at park west lots of 21-23 "country girls".
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Whiskey River can be pretty easy fishing...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You are probably really really gonna hate this answer, but in my experience bars and clubs a terrible place if you are looking for something serious (great for one night stands and then penicillin).
Believe it or not, non-denominational church outings are a great place.
View Quote
I kind of fell away from the Christian church,... not sure I'm ready to go back.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Went out of business.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Went out of business.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went out of business.  

I'm married with kids now, it's been a while since I've been there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#9]
You are spending too much time thinking about chasing women.  Do what is right for you.  This involves setting up a career, hobbies besides shooting, being social, and personal fitness.  It takes time but when you take care of yourself, the women come to you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:05:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You are spending too much time thinking about chasing women.  Do what is right for you.  This involves setting up a career, hobbies besides shooting, being social, and personal fitness.  It takes time but when you take care of yourself, the women come to you.
View Quote

Fucking BOOM...
so sayeth QFMFT
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:59:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Ill add to this and tell you how to find chicks.

Go anywhere.  Bars are fine.  Bring a friend if you can makes it easier.  Concerts at bars are better if you can't get someone to come with you. Makes it seem like you have a reason to be there other than to pick up chicks.

It's a numbers game.

If there are 100 women at a bar.  five of them will probably talk to you.  One will probably go on a date with you.   If you only try to talk to one or two your odds fucking suck.   If you approach a girl in a large group your odds suck.  You want to focus on the girls in groups three or smaller or you will get hated on from several directions and get nowhere.  You don't need pickup lines or any other bullshit.  Just walk up and say Hi My name is.......  Whats your name?  Ask if they come to that bar often or about the band playing.  If you don't know the band  say a friend told you they were good so you came to check it out.      Small concerts are the best because it gives you something to talk about to break the ice.  Dont brag about yourself.  Only answer her questions and tell her about things relevant to the conversation.    

Dont waste a ton of time though unless you are really hitting it off.  AAfter maybe ten minutes of connversation get her phone number. Don't ask for it just get it.   Its a subliminal trick that works well if the girl is half interested.      For example DONT say.  Can I have your phone number so we can do something some time?"  Posing it as a question for some reason results in more shut downs.  DO say  "Let me get your number so can call you and we can do something sometime"  

Its also best to have an idea of what you want to do for a first date to increase odds of a yes.   My best results when single were outdoors type dates like hiking camelback or going to the lake to go cat fishing or something like that.  I don't know why that works better than dinner and movies but I assume it has something to do with it giving them more space and less pressure for intimacy.  

If you get shut down after 10-20 minutes move on.  If you get a yes  tell the girl you gotta run and you will call her to set something up then leave.   Makes you look less needy and creepy like you are trying to get laid.

Dont get frustrated.  Most will say no until you get more used to approaching women this way but if you go out every week and play the odds you WILL find women to date.   As mentioned above though your odds increase the better you take care of yourself.  Get in decent shape if you are not.  That makes a HUGE difference.  Clothing doesn't seem to matter much as long as it's clean though.   When I used to DJ in scottsdale all the time I had no issues picking up fancy chicks wearing faded cammo and jeans.  Confidence beats clothing and you will have more confidence if you take care of yourself physically.    Wear cologne as well but don't soak yourself in it.  Just a little on the wrists and rub on yoru neck.      Armani Acqua di gio is like a chick super magnet.  if applied lightly they will talk to you just to see if it is you they are smelling.  Seriously that shit is the bomb.

Its always easier to meet chicks through freinds and stuff but if you feel like battling it out at the bars this is all the advice I can pass on.  Play the numbers and you will occasionally and sometimes often get dates.

ETA: Smile.  If you don't look like your having a good time they will assume your not fun to hang out with.  good mood is essential.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#12]
http://phoenix.backpage.com/WomenSeekMen/

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Go anywhere.  Bars are fine.  Bring a friend if you can makes it easier.  Concerts at bars are better if you can't get someone to come with you. Makes it seem like you have a reason to be there other than to pick up chicks.

It's a numbers game.

If there are 100 women at a bar.  five of them will probably talk to you.  One will probably go on a date with you.   If you only try to talk to one or two your odds fucking suck.   If you approach a girl in a large group your odds suck.  You want to focus on the girls in groups three or smaller or you will get hated on from several directions and get nowhere.  You don't need pickup lines or any other bullshit.  Just walk up and say Hi My name is.......  Whats your name?  Ask if they come to that bar often or about the band playing.  If you don't know the band  say a friend told you they were good so you came to check it out.      Small concerts are the best because it gives you something to talk about to break the ice.  Dont brag about yourself.  Only answer her questions and tell her about things relevant to the conversation.    

Dont waste a ton of time though unless you are really hitting it off.  AAfter maybe ten minutes of connversation get her phone number. Don't ask for it just get it.   Its a subliminal trick that works well if the girl is half interested.      For example DONT say.  Can I have your phone number so we can do something some time?"  Posing it as a question for some reason results in more shut downs.  DO say  "Let me get your number so can call you and we can do something sometime"  

Its also best to have an idea of what you want to do for a first date to increase odds of a yes.   My best results when single were outdoors type dates like hiking camelback or going to the lake to go cat fishing or something like that.  I don't know why that works better than dinner and movies but I assume it has something to do with it giving them more space and less pressure for intimacy.  

If you get shut down after 10-20 minutes move on.  If you get a yes  tell the girl you gotta run and you will call her to set something up then leave.   Makes you look less needy and creepy like you are trying to get laid.

Dont get frustrated.  Most will say no until you get more used to approaching women this way but if you go out every week and play the odds you WILL find women to date.   As mentioned above though your odds increase the better you take care of yourself.  Get in decent shape if you are not.  That makes a HUGE difference.  Clothing doesn't seem to matter much as long as it's clean though.   When I used to DJ in scottsdale all the time I had no issues picking up fancy chicks wearing faded cammo and jeans.  Confidence beats clothing and you will have more confidence if you take care of yourself physically.    Wear cologne as well but don't soak yourself in it.  Just a little on the wrists and rub on yoru neck.      Armani Acqua di gio is like a chick super magnet.  if applied lightly they will talk to you just to see if it is you they are smelling.  Seriously that shit is the bomb.

Its always easier to meet chicks through freinds and stuff but if you feel like battling it out at the bars this is all the advice I can pass on.  Play the numbers and you will occasionally and sometimes often get dates.

ETA: Smile.  If you don't look like your having a good time they will assume your not fun to hang out with.  good mood is essential.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a numbers game.

Solid advice.

But, I recommend backpage
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Log off ARFCOM and go outside.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Bars are okay, but how much time can you spend in one? Plus, every guy there is trying to get his dick wet and girls know that. Unless you are a super alpha you will pick up scraps (asking on a gun forum probably indicates you are not a super alpha, sorry).

Say hi to every girl you make eye contact with.

Gas station, grocery store, it doesn't matter. If they smile and say hi back, introduce yourself. Control the conversation by asking questions about her. Be engaging for a few moments, get the contact info, and move on. Don't linger.

Girls want to be with someone who is confident and does not NEED them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I always found this to be good advice, not just in the work place.

https://screen.yahoo.com/sexual-harassment-000000677.html

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#17]
You're trying too hard.  Take the advice of the others in here, get in shape, get some hobbies, work on your career, etc.  Getting laid is easy, finding someone you want to have a long term relationship with is the hard part.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Log off ARFCOM and go outside.
View Quote
After I finish my cup of coffee, I'm heading out for a bike ride. Coffee does wonders for my bike riding ability.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Went out of business.  

Yeah when I learned about it, it actually did seem to be a great place to meet chicks according to online reviews. Unfortunately, it got shut down.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
I haven't shot in well over a year. My other hobbies are way too... nerdy.

Gaming, Reading sci fi literature, fixing up my house, working on the yard, drinking stouts... and I do like to bike ride, but I haven't done it in a while. Hence why I'm about to.

I just wish this coffee was colder so I can slam it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Find some married guys to be friends with, when you meet their wives be extremely nice and polite.  Don't tell them you are single, they will interrogate their husbands and find out.  They will then quiz you about why you are single.  Tell them you are happy being single, they will take this as a challenge and will soon be introducing you to all their single friends.  Remember women are attracted to single guys that are happy with their lives.  They smell the happiness and are out to destroy it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Find some married guys to be friends with, when you meet their wives be extremely nice and polite.  Don't tell them you are single, they will interrogate their husbands and find out.  They will then quiz you about why you are single.  Tell them you are happy being single, they will take this as a challenge and will soon be introducing you to all their single friends.  Remember women are attracted to single guys that are happy with their lives.  They smell the happiness and are out to destroy it.
View Quote
Lol.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife is a flight attendant, she has some hot flight attendant friends
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#25]
hmmmm well..... talk to each pussy that walks by and eventually you will find someone willing  That's how couchcommando did it

On a serious note tho, I would look into making yourself a better person. Not saying you are not a good person, but work on yourself such as in fitness, health, career, and etc. You will actually meet a lot of females in these areas and possibly one that might be your lucky one.

Be better today than you were yesterday. Thats pretty much how I did it in College and it panned out pretty well I also drank a lot, which idk if that helped or not. I will admit I did blackout at Mill Cue club when I was suppose to meet a chick there. I was so gone before she arrived, apparently her and couch carried me from the bar back home..... I am sure I slipped in a booby touch along the way tho, so the night wasn't a complete waste

Build confidence man! You got this!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Step 1:  get a Harley
Step 2:  get lots of shitty tatoos
Step 3:  get fired from your job
Step 4:  become a raging alcoholic
Step 5:  become a felon

Chicks dig bad boys.

Of course you could always ask yourself if it is a good idea to ask for help with the opposite sex on a forum where it seems like there is a thread every other week about about finding a divorce lawyer.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Chicks dig bad boys.

Of course you could always ask yourself if it is a good idea to ask for help with the opposite sex on a forum where it seems like there is a thread every other week about about finding a divorce lawyer.

View Quote

He just wants to know how to get em, he did not say anything about keeping em.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chicks dig bad boys.

This is true, I highly recommend:
A- Bang them and then throw them out the window for trash pickup

or

B- Bang em and then wipe your dick on their curtains on the ways out.

This shows that you are not interested in further negotiations.... Best way to go!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Chicks dig bad boys.

View Quote

This is an acceptable alternative to getting fit and working hard. Yin and yang and all that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:46:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

eh, I don't know...  its too easy to get wrapped up in a job and people of both sexes don't want to shit were they eat.  Plus you have to be were the fish are at.  Were I work has thousands of people there, but at best I might see a couple chicks a day I would even consider and then they are probably married.   Yep, its mostly dudes...

Let the internet work for you, try online dating and tinder.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Gaming, Reading sci fi literature, fixing up my house, working on the yard, drinking stouts... and I do like to bike ride, but I haven't done it in a while. Hence why I'm about to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hit up the local game stores,  card, rpg etc...they typically have an schedule of weekly games you can sit in on and learn....find yerself a gamer chick
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm listening..
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hit up the local game stores,  card, rpg etc...they typically have an schedule of weekly games you can sit in on and learn....find yerself a gamer chick
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hah! I've been to table top gaming gatherings. They are like 99% dudes.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#34]
There are some female homeless chicks walking around in the Peoria/El Mirage/Youngtown area.  Probably open to new friends.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There are some female homeless chicks walking around in the Peoria/El Mirage/Youngtown area.  Probably open to new friends.
View Quote

I've seen homeless sex...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Chicks dig bad boys
... chicks dig men who have a modicum of wealth, intellect and self confidence

View Quote

... FIFY

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#37]
"Remember women are attracted to single guys that are happy with their lives. They smell the happiness and are out to destroy it."

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#38]
On the dating sites, remember this phrase "'sup girl? send nudes"  They will send them about half the time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the two chicks that might show up are either homelier than a catfish or so used to having their legs humped that they completely ignore anything resembling male social interaction. Possibly both.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Do yourself a favor. Get off the inerwebz. Clean yourself up. Grow some balls. And go ask a girl out. Don't be a pussy. :D
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Do yourself a favor. Get off the inerwebz. Clean yourself up. Grow some balls. And go ask a girl out. Don't be a pussy. :D
View Quote
That was... kind of the point of this thread? What are some places to "get off the interwebs".

Sure... I can go bike riding more, go walk my dog at the dog park, go scuba diving, and *STILL* never meet women because those places aren't exactly crowded with women, nor are conducive to meeting women.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:55:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That was... kind of the point of this thread? What are some places to "get off the interwebs".

Sure... I can go bike riding more, go walk my dog at the dog park, go scuba diving, and *STILL* never meet women because those places aren't exactly crowded with women, nor are conducive to meeting women.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've slayed a couple from the dog park. They even had 2 legs!

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Solid advice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a numbers game.

Solid advice.

My crew used to use the 1 in 10 rule.  You must step up and make the effort to talk with 10 women in any given place, whether it is the grocery, bar, club, restaurant, mall, department store, etc.  As a general rule, 1 woman in ten will fuck you.  In some places, 3 in 10.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:40:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Join Aerobics, Extreme work out or some type of fitness boot camp.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#45]
You could set up a local poker game and see who/what shows up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean "They only had two legs!" correct?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  Fatten the wallet, flatten the abs, and you'll have more pussy than you can shake a stick at.

Hell, just fattening the wallet usually does the trick.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Yep.  Fatten the wallet, flatten the abs, and you'll have more pussy than you can shake a stick at.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, as long as you are confident and FUNNY, you don't need money. Especially for cougars.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Shit, as long as you are confident and FUNNY, you don't need money. Especially for cougars.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True statement here! Attitude has everything to do with it. Ever wondered why woman like assholes? Cause we have no fucks to give and we know it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Take up YOGA.  Bikram to be more specific..  the studios are laced with women and very few men.  THe heat is turned up and they're there for the burn.

You'll be amazed at what taking initiative to channel and strengthen your inner self will do for getting laid.  The best part, the large majority of the women that frequent these studios are good looking.  Not too many Butterfaces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top